No announcement yet.

MX-3_4evr's N/A build part 2!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deal. dont know if they will swap out tho but i'll take a look at it. i got the old pump off my donor engine layin around i'll check it out at work today
    92 Pro - Daily Beater and project- current frankenstein
    sigpic

Comment

lol nvm...didnt know what i was talkin bout...duh... but yeah that w/p pulley should be wayyy easy!!
      sigpic

Comment

Whats the advantage to those pulleys?
        -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
        VF10 powered!
        262 Whp & 257 Wtq
        13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

lighter weight. less rotating mass. not gonna do much performance wise but they will look pretty cool. lol.
          sigpic

Comment

less weight = faster acceleration and response

Comment

if anyone is wondering yes these pulleys are very light!! im was very amazed! gonna say they are 1/4 to 1/3 the weight of the steel pulleys. dont know the advantages of having a smaller crank pully and larger alt. pulley...but oh well. still looks sweet as hell!

and this w/p pulley will be ribbed belt not v-belt like on older pros. etc.
              sigpic

Comment

Won't a larger altenator pulley slow down the RPM's of the altenator, but the smaller crank pulley will spin the belt faster making things even out.

Comment

precisely^^^^^^^

kind of a silly idea if you ask me. enlarging the crank pulley would have a much greater effect then vica versa
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                  he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by Gforcefd View Post
                    Won't a larger altenator pulley slow down the RPM's of the altenator, but the smaller crank pulley will spin the belt faster making things even out.
                    that's how it is

Comment

Hmm, unless I am having a stupid moment, having a smaller crank pulley will make the already bigger alt pulley turn even slower.

Smaller pulley = smaller circumference = less belt moved per rotation

--Ferdi
                      If you can't differentiate between brake and break, you should go back to school
                      -----
                      Miscellaneous Pics of Turbo Protege Build
                      Big Front Brake Install using Wilwood Calipers
                      Factory Service Manuals and Familia Brochures - PDF

Comment

i agree with Ferdi on this one, if you found out the diameter of them, you could figure out the difference.
                        -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Measured the alum pulleys and got --

Crank Pulley - 108 mm = about 4 1/4 in.
                          Alt. Pulley - 57mm = about 2 1/4 in.

w/p pulley (to be made) 132mm = about 5 3/16 in.

numbers are approximate. measured using a ruler. dont have a caliper at the house right now.

w/p pulley numbers are based off the steel pulley. dont know if it needs to be bigger or not.

if someone crunches the numbers let me know bout the size of the w/p pulley and whether it needs to be larger, smaller or just keep the same dimensions.
                          sigpic

Comment

all this talk on pullies! where is the 10:1 pistons

S197 Mustang GT Convertible The New DD. (Ford Racing 3.73/JLT CAI/SCT SF3 Tuner/Ford Racing Exhaust)
                            2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Maximus Tractionous Wifeymobilious
                            Previous ~ 235whp 1.8 BP Powered 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege ~ - Sold

Comment

I'm waiting on the machine shop to get back to me about if the block still good for .020 oversize pistons. Once I get the ok, I will order the pistons

Comment

Just ordered a full gasket set from ebay

Comment

Working...
                                X