No announcement yet.

94 mx3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wait, why do you have to swap the dash harness?
    sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
    92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Because in 94 mx3 they did something weird with the wiring so u have to swap out the harness.

Comment

Originally posted by mx3optidrive View Post
        Depending what month your car was built will dictate if it is obd1 or obd2. if it is obd1, you can use your stock harness and you just need one wire hooked up for the VRIS. if it is obd2, swap out the engine harness and put in the bp harness and ecu and there are threads to show which wires have to be swapped in the bp harness to work right. pm me and I will help too.

obd1 and obd2 was changed from 95-96 hes getting a 94 so its obd1

Comment

Originally posted by mazdaguy25 View Post
          Because in 94 mx3 they did something weird with the wiring so u have to swap out the harness.
          link?

I thought the only major issue was with the electronic speedo, and even that isn't a big deal...
          sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
          92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Originally posted by EGTeric93 View Post
            obd1 and obd2 was changed from 95-96 hes getting a 94 so its obd1
            Actually, for some reason, Mazda released both obd1 and obd2 cars in 94.

As far as dash harness, you don't have to swap out the harness. I just swapped a couple wires at the clips and everything on my '95 is working fine. I used the Electrical shop manual from my local Mazda dealer and compared the electrical from the 95 mx3 to the 93 protege with the BP and just made the changes I needed to make to get it all to work properly.

Shop 506-577-6708
            cell 506-381-3503
            email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

Originally posted by mx3optidrive View Post
              Actually, for some reason, Mazda released both obd1 and obd2 cars in 94.

As far as dash harness, you don't have to swap out the harness. I just swapped a couple wires at the clips and everything on my '95 is working fine. I used the Electrical shop manual from my local Mazda dealer and compared the electrical from the 95 mx3 to the 93 protege with the BP and just made the changes I needed to make to get it all to work properly.
              weird i didnt know that..

so is it possible to get a 94 PLX thats obd2?

Comment

Ok guys so I pick the car up tonight. So it's cleaner than I had thought. But it was made in 06/94 title says she a 94. So I will be working on putting the motor in this coming week.

Comment

Working...
                X