No announcement yet.

H type helical LSD(Mfactory)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i say its a go. I only brought up the noise, so that nobody else would end up with it. Do you need the axle play video?

lol, what weight ATF?
    My MAzda owners manual says the same as your .pdf (ragnarock) with the exception of "or" between 80w90 and ATF. My 1991 Ford Probe FSM says Motorcraft Mercon on page 00-03-8. I hear Pat has a ton of FSMs and could confirm that. Either way, Mfactory has acknowledged that some trannies take ATF as well as Robert Bowen (How to Rebuild and Modify Manual Transmissions). Mfactory is suggesting MTF, which isnt a gear oil.

BTW, thanx for that pdf.
    Rob's machina de destruccion
    Originally posted by ragnarock01
    "America never would have gone to the moon without an LSD. It kept the rockets flying straight, and it'll keep me from going into a ditch."

Comment

MTF is a transmission fluid, not a gear oil.
      MFactory / YCW Engineering (LSD's, Gears, Flywheels, Clutches, Driveshafts, Axles) - www.teammfactory.com
      YCW Suspension (Mid-Range Coilovers) - www.ycwsuspension.com
      SWIFT Springs Europe (Exclusive Distributor) - www.swiftspringseurope.com
      SWIFT Springs Asia (Exclusive Distributor) - www.swiftspringsasia.com

Comment

So we're good to go on these?

Mfactory have enough people paid in full for you to make them and start shipping? Or do we have to have another hold up while waiting for full payments?

Comment

I'll pass the order through to start production, but it would be great if people could start getting in their remainders (we've only received a few so far). Thanks
          MFactory / YCW Engineering (LSD's, Gears, Flywheels, Clutches, Driveshafts, Axles) - www.teammfactory.com
          YCW Suspension (Mid-Range Coilovers) - www.ycwsuspension.com
          SWIFT Springs Europe (Exclusive Distributor) - www.swiftspringseurope.com
          SWIFT Springs Asia (Exclusive Distributor) - www.swiftspringsasia.com

Comment

wow. after all this time, only 6 of us have fully paid for this? i thought i took forever to pay it off. lol
            ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
            ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
            What are you driving?

Comment

I paid mine off pretty much right after the prototype was ready I think. Can the others be emailed to get them on the ball? I know one doesn't have to pay in full at this point but the sooner they pay, the sooner everyone is happy
              1990 MX-6 GT'ALITA' 2nd Gen Struts & Springs Dutch FSTB, Manual Belts & Windows
              BUILT ENGINE - forged pistons - over-bored block - aluminum flywheel
              PORTED/POLISHED HEAD - oversized intake valves - custom valve guides
              EVO III 16G 2.5" Electric Cutout, RFL BOV

Comment

remind me to never volunteer to do any test fitments for internal products....yeeesh poor rob

granted i live in Canada where it is cooler.....but i just picked up an 89gt and the trans was stuck in gear....drained the fluid....recently changed gear oil came out....ive never seen anything other than ATF recommended for our trans, but i always run Mobil1 Synthetic ATF in my H-type and G-type trans and have never had one fail except for my diff in one H-type which was from wheel hop over years of clutch dumps

id rather not rush this test production phase.....i wont be touching mine until spring anyways...id rather be 100% sure this LSD is good to go before i install it, and i hope it comes with all the nessecary things to take it to a trans shop and have them install it in a trans

and for those who havnt paid up yet....get to it
                1991 Probe GT - lots of bolt-ons, awaiting GT28RS turbo, custom LSD, MS, etc. shooting for 300+ hp - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3132466

1989 Probe GT - will be DD on 15psi w/ bolt-ons

sigpic

Comment

i'm used to taking crap from people, lol. Anyway carl, this thing works great. Yer gonna be stoked!
                  Rob's machina de destruccion
                  Originally posted by ragnarock01
                  "America never would have gone to the moon without an LSD. It kept the rockets flying straight, and it'll keep me from going into a ditch."

Comment

Hmm i might be in in a few weeks.

Comment

Damn people, no one is wrong in this situation. If the LSD prototype was made with a slightly thicker fluid in mind, then running ATF could cause the noise. But like MFactory said, the tolerances can be cinched up a little to prevent that.

No one needs to get bent out of shape about this, be happy! The LSD seems to be a great fit and is working like it's supposed to.

And I don't care about the holidays, I'm getting my LSD put in as soon as I can
                      1990 MX-6 GT'ALITA' 2nd Gen Struts & Springs Dutch FSTB, Manual Belts & Windows
                      BUILT ENGINE - forged pistons - over-bored block - aluminum flywheel
                      PORTED/POLISHED HEAD - oversized intake valves - custom valve guides
                      EVO III 16G 2.5" Electric Cutout, RFL BOV

Comment

First Post updated..... PM'ed everyone on the list & some extras who(m) has yet to pay -be it a final payment or any payment @ all.

Get your payments in- lets finalize this LSD for the H-transmission & get more traction to the ground
                        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Thanks for the PM!

Comment

How we goin with this? Whats the chances of getting it before Christmas?

Comment

still need more ppl to finish paying on this
                              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Are we waiting on payments before they get made? It would be good to get this before the end of the year people! Please pay up now!

Comment

Working...
                                X