Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

Motor swap time is comin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car ran okay before putting the turbo on yes?
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

As far as I am aware. This is a BP I got from Jho... 3 years ago? It sat in my driveway for 2 winters, then in my garage last winter/summer while I collected parts and such. Jho said it came out of his Moms car I think, and had 100k on it.

Comment

hopefully you prepped the cylinder walls & kept it properly covered

edit: kindness to the BP
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Well, not necessarily well kept. Motor still had oil in it, and turned over easy. Was covered with a run of the mill tarp. Thats one of the reasons I plan to run a bunch of seafoam through it. Try to get all the crud out.

Comment

Jeff has a blown vj20 layin around not sure if he'll part with it but hit him up!

94 Pro LX- 3-hole. Familia seats, Infini Corners, Familia Grille, Familia Rear Garnish w/Rear fogs EDM Glass headlights,
            MSP Mazdaspeed Muffler,Mazdaspeed front strut bar,'00 Pro ES wheels, Neuspeed Springs,GR2s, MX3 wheel, MX3 Tall armrest

Comment

Is it just the housing that's cracked? I jhave 2 vj11 housings fs. They have a diferent outlet but all the mouting is the same. Let me know if you want 1. 1 is stock Þhe other is pc'd blue.
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

What will using the vj11 housing do? Will it effect anything? Like a hybrid type set up?

Comment

I don't think there's any a/r difference in the vj11 and vj20. It would only fix yÓur problem
                  2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                  .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

There's the vj11 pic
                    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

chris, the last thing this guy needs is false hope.... i believe the CHRA from the VJ11 & VJ20 are different. has anyone ACTUALLY bolted a vj11 housing onto a vj20. if memory serves right it doesn't fit.

Comment

I sold a vj11 center section and the guy bolted his vj20 housings and all to it with no problem so I don't see why it wouldn't work
                        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Still cant seem to get the car running right. I have not seafoamed it yet. Double checked all my wiring and grounds. Car is N/A at the moment. I simply disconnected some intercooler pipes and connected the VAF to the intake. Wont stay running very long. Still dies if you stab the throttle. Sounds like its starting to mis-fire or something.

I dunno. =\

Comment

So you basically have it in n/a form correct? What vaf,ecu and injectors are in it right now?
                            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

thats the problem right there... GTX injectors, BP26 and Bcode vaf dont like running N/A

94 Pro LX- 3-hole. Familia seats, Infini Corners, Familia Grille, Familia Rear Garnish w/Rear fogs EDM Glass headlights,
                              MSP Mazdaspeed Muffler,Mazdaspeed front strut bar,'00 Pro ES wheels, Neuspeed Springs,GR2s, MX3 wheel, MX3 Tall armrest

Comment

LOL. Damn. haha, Well looks like Ill be cashing my check and grabbing a cold housing so I can connect everything.

The car will start and run, it starts hard, like.. surges revs to about 2k and back down to 1k about 4-5 times, then will run around 2-2.5k for a bit, then start studdering back down to 1k then sometimes die, or go back to 2-2.5k. Will continue for about 2 minutes then die. VAF has to be held open with a screw driver, or else it will turn over, catch, then instantly die.

Also, my wideband doesnt read anything but 19.9. Stupid Glowshift brand. I think its because my exhaust is in peices, literaly. Only piece thats fixed on it the downpipe off the turbo. I need some clamps, or a welder...

Comment

Working...
                                X