Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

It's my Bday :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's my Bday :)

Yep, today is my birth day. I am a quarter century old

So I thought today would be a great day to make this announcement, at least for me. I figured I would reflect on the last 3.5 years of the club.

Hard to believe the club has been around for that long. in fact, i think we are one of the oldest (mainly ) protege clubs around. we had some good times, some trying times. but in the end it has always been fun and exciting. hard to believe we have gone to nopi 3 times, gone to meets in central florida twice and have organized our own state wide protege meet (thanks florida for coming down <- sarcasm.)

i still remember how excited i was when i called to tell my brother that i am starting a protege club with teresa. i remember the time when we were trying to decide on a name.
    We made the first club stickers at HIN in Ft.lauderdale in December of 2001. Those ORIGINAL club stickers are still on my car. I remember driving around
    with a mazdaspeed sticker on the windshield before anybody knew what a mazdaspeed was and before mazda announced they are putting out a mazdaspeed. i remember the club gettting harrased by cops at towers, runnning away from cops in ft.lauderdale.

yeah, its been fun. I have been planning and organizing events since the first ever meet between me and Teresa. Hope I have done a good job. I will not run for reelection as a club vice president or a president. I will officially step down as a club official on April 29th when the new President is chosen at the official meet at towers. I will help plan elections of a new vice president and president in april and my duties and responsibilities will end after that.

The new president and VP/treasurer will have a lot of work to do. Like Eric mentioned, we need to clean up the member list a little bit....scratch that - A LOT. If it means going from 30+ "members to 15-20 MEMBERS, then so be it. Also, rules to getting into the club must be tougher and there should be a deposit for the stickers, this will give people an incentive to remove the stickers when they sell the car or leave the club.

You guys might be wondering who I think the next president should be and who I will be voting for if that person runs? Mark guessed right a few weeks back and hope it was clear lately to many of you. I have went over the list of all the club members basically. I am not an expert on your lives and do not
    know everything that is going on with you but i think i know enough about everybody to make a recommendation/endorsement and to give my vote to the person who i think will make a good job of being a president.
    i looked at a lot of factors including school, work, family, kids. there are a few peaple that in my opinion would make a great president. but we need just one.

I will endorse and vote for ERIC shall he decide to run for Pres. I think I mentioned in my previous post that VP should not be elected. I retract that idea, the VP/Treasurer position should be combined and also voted on by the members. I think of all the members that have joined around the time that eric did or since then, eric has been the most commited.
    whether its going to nopi, building a site or paying for parking. its funny, i told eric that no one would visit the web site yet he build one anyway and a great one. i think i was correct but i commend him for taking the time and spending his own time and money in making one for the club. It gives us a face on the web (I even had people at work ask me for the club website) i also applaude him for not freaking out when his car got damaged but stil making the trip. most of you have said you will go yet wimped out at the last minute.

i am proud of the club. in 3.5 years only 1 person has been kicked out of the club by me and i would have done right after I met the person but Vlad has problem seeing through people. Anyways, its great to see that all of us get along and i am really happy to say that i consider every one of you my friend. i never had so many friends.

thank you guys for the support when i hit a curb. rene, vlad, jason, robert, thanks for helping out and not leaving me.

I am not leaving the club. i have been to more meets than any one else in this club. and i hope to continue to keep that streak going.
    i just won't be organizing and taking responsibility for the stuff like i used too. i'll provide my feedback when i am asked for it.

vito called me the other night and asked whether we are going to nc again this year. i told him i want to, and believe me, nobody wants to go more then me but i have told him that i will not organize it. I am happy to report
    however that Eric called me a couple of weeks ago on Friday and told me that he wants to organize the nopi trip and asked for my help. I have decided before hand to give my vote to him if he shall run and that night i was reassured of my decision.

I have not yet decided who I will vote for VP/Treasurer. I guess I will see who will run and decide then.

I guess i am done with my rant () now. didnt want it be so long but figured i am just going to post my thoughts out for the whole world to see.

ERIC for President
    <B>Dima</B>
    Intense Performance
    South Florida Mazda Club

<a href="http://www.ipmcsfl.com">http://www.ipmcsfl.com</a>

http://streamlounge.blogspot.com/

2002 Protege5 2.0L Zoom Car
    1987 Mustang 2.3Lx Pony Car

"Never **** with Mother Nature,
    Mother Law and Mother Phreaking
    Ukrainians" - Skinny Pete - 'Italian Job'

"Скорость ето страсть...Скорость ето жизнь..." - Мираж

I would thank you greatly, for it seems I owe you much thanks. Thanks, because I am thankfull to be a member of such a great, and informative, "ClubProtege" ...it is great! THANKS!!

Oh and ...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
    '91 Mazda Protege GT/ Completely re-built engine w/.020 head shave, intake/exhaust P&P & 3 angle valve job, 2.25 full custom exhaust, RX-7 AFM, K&N Cone, 18* Timing advance, exhintake cam mod w/Fly'n Miata adjustables, Custom short shifter, CenterForce clutch, lightened flywheel, HAWK pads on all 4, Motegi Racing 8 spoke 16"s w/205/45/ZR16 rubber, VentShade window visors, lower lip spoiler, 4" driving lights w/halo's. MX-3 center console & Black carpet swap w/2 layers dynomat type insulation.
    Soon to come... Garret T25 turbo, DSM injectors, GTX ecu (Needed) SAFC (Needed) FMIC (Needed)

'91 Toyota Soarer GT-TL/ Stock 1JZ-GTE, K&N drop in filter, Gewalt Evolution deep dish 17"s, Nardi steering wheel

sigpic

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

Comment

Happy birthday Dima or should I say belated birthday
      Dean

No Pro, No go! Damn it man!!

Comment

happy late b-day Dima. thanks for the kind words and endorsement!
        Eric Johnson
        Intense Performance
        Mazda Club of South Florida
        http://www.ipmcsfl.com
        Former President/Webmaster
        Member since 11/03

2002.5 Dark Titanium/Black Mica Protege5
        - Exterior: Custom Dark Titanium/Black Mica paint scheme, 2003 Mazdaspeed Protege front bumper cover, Skunk2 coilovers, 5% tint all around, black painted headlight housings, black billet aluminum shorty antenna, Yakima roof rack
        - Interior: Xenarc 700TSV 7" LCD display with touchscreen, black painted A/B/C pillars and gauge bezel, Mazdaspeed door sills, and Delphi SkyPhi XM Radio
        - Performance: Brembo cross drilled/slotted rotors, Red Samco silicon cooling hoses, Black Injen CAI, Greddy Evo2 Cat-back exhaust system, Progess 22mm rear sway bar, Racing Beat front sway bar, OBX Racing 4-1 header, Medieval front motor mount
        - Car Computer specs: Removed for now...
        Current project: None...

Comment

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...............

yeah, whatever.

happy birthday ****head.
          Rick
          '99 10th Anniversary Edition Miata #1946
          '02 Protege5.0

Comment

Happy Birthday Dima!!!!
            Jaime

Comment

Originally posted by redwagon02
              blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...............

yeah, whatever.

happy birthday ****head.
              The only thing worse than being ignorant is not knowing how ignorant you are. That's Rick's problem. But did you know that I don't much care to share the same planet as him? Most people don't realize that he has already revealed his plans to hoodoo us. He revealed these plans in a manifesto bearing all of the hallmarks of having been written by a bunch of misinformed dirtbags. Not only is his manifesto entirely lacking in logic, relentlessly subjective, and entirely anecdotal, but Rick recently went through a misoneism phase in which he tried repeatedly to rip off everyone and his brother. In fact, I'm not convinced that this phase of his has entirely passed. My evidence is that my love for people necessitates that I condemn Rick's hypocrisy. Yes, I face opposition from Rick. However, this is not a reason to quit but to strive harder.

For your edification, I should point out that Rick is not only immoral, but amoral. I don't object to his fibs because I would rather die than remain silent in response to that which I am convinced is profoundly unbalanced. I object because Rick presents one face to the public, a face that tells people what they want to hear. Then, in private, he devises new schemes to turn proponents of sexism loose against us good citizens. Now that this letter has come to an end, I decidedly hope you walk away from it realizing that there is something inherently wrong with a man who wants, more than anything else, to destroy any resistance by channeling it into ineffective paths.
              <B>Dima</B>
              Intense Performance
              South Florida Mazda Club

Comment

happy birthday man
                Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

happy bday man. sry i havent been around lately ive been very busy with school and workin to pay off my car and paying for insurance ima Try to come out to the next meet .. this friday lol. i donno depends on my gay teachers if they wanna give more projects lol

Laser Blue Mp5 03.5
                  mods:
                  --Ms Axle back EXHAUST
                  --Injen Intake (color Blue)
                  --Thumpity Thump In the Trunkity Trunk

Comment

Happy belated B-Day Dima and happy B-day to me on sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by GotBoost
                      Happy belated B-Day Dima and happy B-day to me on sunday.
                      Haha... who knew our club was so Aries Heavy? Me and Richard share the same birthday, but I believe I am still the club elder.
                      AUTOCROSSING JUNKIE EXTRODINAIRE

MODS:

Injen CAI - JSPEC Intake and Exhaust Cams - Bosal Exhaust - Red Calipers - Brembo Slotted & Drilled Rotors F/R- Goodridge SS Brake Lines - Wagner Shorty SS Header - Unorthodox Racing Crank Pulley - GT Spec 4-Point Ladder Bar - GT Spec Rear Strut Bar - GT Spec Front Strut Bar - GT Spec Front Tie Bar- Tein Super Street Dampers - AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar - PIAA Sports Horn (115db)

"Peace on the Beach... Charlie don't surf!"

Comment

thanks guys.

i believe arvin's bday is also at the end of march
                        <B>Dima</B>
                        Intense Performance
                        South Florida Mazda Club

Comment

Originally posted by 1FastMP3
                          Haha... who knew our club was so Aries Heavy? Me and Richard share the same birthday, but I believe I am still the club elder.

Just by a year or 2 =P

Comment

Mine was on Monday (not that anyone cares). All I got for my birthday was a nasty cold. Just got back to work after being bed-ridded for the past two days. Anyway, nice rant Dima, although you kinda lost me with the terminology on the second verse (after Rick's post). Not sure if you really meant any of it or if it was just your weird sense of humor. Regrardless, it was an interesting piece of work. I'm still looking up some of the words in the dictionary so as to make some sense of it all. Well, happy b-day (b-lated or not) to all and to all a good night.
                            Arvin
                            2003.5 Lazer Blue Mica Protege5

Comment

my b-day is April 3. woohoo i can finally drink legally!
                              Eric Johnson
                              Intense Performance
                              Mazda Club of South Florida
                              http://www.ipmcsfl.com
                              Former President/Webmaster
                              Member since 11/03

2002.5 Dark Titanium/Black Mica Protege5
                              - Exterior: Custom Dark Titanium/Black Mica paint scheme, 2003 Mazdaspeed Protege front bumper cover, Skunk2 coilovers, 5% tint all around, black painted headlight housings, black billet aluminum shorty antenna, Yakima roof rack
                              - Interior: Xenarc 700TSV 7" LCD display with touchscreen, black painted A/B/C pillars and gauge bezel, Mazdaspeed door sills, and Delphi SkyPhi XM Radio
                              - Performance: Brembo cross drilled/slotted rotors, Red Samco silicon cooling hoses, Black Injen CAI, Greddy Evo2 Cat-back exhaust system, Progess 22mm rear sway bar, Racing Beat front sway bar, OBX Racing 4-1 header, Medieval front motor mount
                              - Car Computer specs: Removed for now...
                              Current project: None...

Comment

Working...
                              X