Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

Feb 7th Statewide meet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pavilion #7
    Sagaris

Comment

Originally posted by YellowMP5
      i drove through the park today since i also drive by it everyday and there are a few big lots around some pavilions but others seem to have very limited access, at least not for more than 50 cars. so jo, if you want to let me know the pavilion number like i said before i can maybe meet fastattack and we can scope out the area to make sure there is enough room for everybody.
      If you want email me at fastattack@srtoc.com and I will give you my phone number.
      SRTforums.com Administrator
      Solar Yellow SRT-4

Comment

Sweet, FastAttack...I'd like to meet you since we both live in Weston. Hope to see you at the meet.

I also told my friend about this & he said he will come. He has a 2000 Civic, but he is going to ask the RSX-S guys.
        Ryan

Thinking of getting an MSP?...check out the PROS & CONS
        Want an IC sprayer for your MSP?...make your own for under $10

Forge Motorsport
        42 Draft Designs

Comment

letme know when you want to go.. I will be available this weekend if needed to be except for sunday thats when I upgrade my forums.

Solar Yellow SRT-4

Comment

you don't want to go today. they are having chilli cook-off and you got to pay. lets go during the weekday. i'll email you my number.
            <B>Dima</B>
            Intense Performance
            South Florida Mazda Club

<a href="http://www.ipmcsfl.com">http://www.ipmcsfl.com</a>

http://streamlounge.blogspot.com/

2002 Protege5 2.0L Zoom Car
            1987 Mustang 2.3Lx Pony Car

"Never **** with Mother Nature,
            Mother Law and Mother Phreaking
            Ukrainians" - Skinny Pete - 'Italian Job'

"Скорость ето страсть...Скорость ето жизнь..." - Мираж

Comment

umm chilli lol. let me know what you guys think.
              Sagaris

Comment

lol, well ok Monday should be a good day.. I get off at 11:50 from college I am going to take a camera with me so that we can get the location pictures.
                Solar Yellow SRT-4

Comment

I ended up going today to the park and this is what I just posted on my forums:

Well I went to the park today and I scoped it out..

Here is the directions to get to pavilion 7

You will be coming off from Flamingo Road and you will see this entrace:

Once your paid of taking an immidiate left , continue on on the roadway until you see pavilion 7 which will be at your right hand side.

This is the entrace to the pavilion 6-7-8

this is the pavilion ( very small)

We will be parking next to pavilion 8 near the BBQ thing. We need to get some extra shade!
                  Last edited by FastAttack; 01-26-2004, 01:35 PM.
                  Solar Yellow SRT-4

Comment

to be honest CB Smith park is a LOT smaller place to hold out car meetings.. Marham park has open fields and therefore more cars could be placed.. here you would be lucky to fit 100 cars. since everything is on semi circles around the lake.
                    Solar Yellow SRT-4

Comment

I agree. I was just out there today during my lunch break and there isn't much parking. The place where I work had a company picnic in that same pavilion a whiles ago and there was barely enough parking for the employees (50 - 60 cars). The surrounding grassy areas would need to be reserved by early birds because these areas are basically "up for grabs" and are available on a "first-come-first-serve" basis. One of the pictures shows an area next to pavilion 8 but we cannot count on this area because we don't know who's renting out that pavilion and how many cars THEY will have. This park is very popular with big gathering and chances are it will be PACKED on that day. We'll just have to wait and see...
                      Arvin
                      2003.5 Lazer Blue Mica Protege5

Comment

sorry fastattack i didn't email you. i was up in boca from 11 to 2pm so i wouldn't have made it anyway. i stopped by the park after 2 to check it out.
                        what you are and arvin posted is correct. there is very little room for all the expected cars. and from previous posts i understood that we CAN NOT park on the grass.

The only way you can fit all the expected cars into the parking lot is if nobody comes to use the other pavilions which are 4,5,6,8. #8 is a big pavilion and is VERY popular. my sister in law's company always has their company picnic in that pavilion. there are at most 150 spots in the immediate and surrounding area but they are shared between pavillions 4,5, 6,7 and i am sure if 8 is reserved most of the people from 8 will park in the same lot.
                        <B>Dima</B>
                        Intense Performance
                        South Florida Mazda Club

<a href="http://www.ipmcsfl.com">http://www.ipmcsfl.com</a>

http://streamlounge.blogspot.com/

2002 Protege5 2.0L Zoom Car
                        1987 Mustang 2.3Lx Pony Car

"Never **** with Mother Nature,
                        Mother Law and Mother Phreaking
                        Ukrainians" - Skinny Pete - 'Italian Job'

"Скорость ето страсть...Скорость ето жизнь..." - Мираж

Comment

Trust me I would rather have gone to Markham park than CB Smith. But thats the breaks.
                          Sagaris

Comment

Originally posted by Motegi
                            Trust me I would rather have gone to Markham park than CB Smith. But thats the breaks.
                            I plan on getting there on the 7th pretty early (yeah trust!!!) I will be there at about 9 and AFAIK the park opens at 8...... i'll bring caution tape to rope off at least our area, and i'll nicely tell everyone who parks near #7 and is not coming to the StateWide that we expect 100 cars so we need all the spots we can get.....
                            thanks very much BTW to FastAttack for the time & effort in taking pics... from the pics it looks like people park on the grass just like at Markham with no problem
                            Ex-Officer: INTENSE Performance Mazda Club of South Florida

JDM nut & AutoXer: 1992 Blaze Red Mazda 323 S
                            262,000 miles and kickin... and got some wicked new goodies recently...

BP Engine Build: Soon... Engine on the garage floor, parts on order

"Ever seen a 323 on Anthracite 17" OZ Superleggeras?!?!
                            ...... and more importantly ever seen one with matching 15" Superleggeras for Autox??"

Comment

I dont know about the grass. Someone said that CB Smith doesnt want people in the grass but I dont care anymore. I have already had to make wa too mand changes to this meet on account of Markham park and this pavilion was WAY more $$ then the one at Markham was going to be. But I cant please everyone and I did what I could for being 3 hours away. Im going to be there when the park opens to set up.

Did you get the vendor?
                              I dont know when mike is going to be there with his DJ equiptment and I am going to try to be @ the towers this Friday.
                              Sagaris

Comment

I don't understand why everyone didn't just show up at Markham like for the Intense picnic. I mean its not our fault that every single person in the universe decided to come to the same park on the same day. Too bad things don't go the way they are supposed to, but me and the boy and the puppy are still looking forward to it. And wait til you all see Fabienne's Intense Performance T-shirt!!!!

(Senseless endorsement plug)

BTW..... Any out-of-towners who are hungry after wards please feel free to stop at Ronnie B's Taste of the 50s in Pompano @ 1600 N. Federal Highway. Tip your waitresses really really good too. Even tho I'm not working, I gotta look aout for the peeps.

Comment

Working...
                                X