Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

Thats it! This means War! everyone please read!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charles
    It doesn't even matter; As long as the guy who WAS a Mazdaspeed certified mechanic is still there. His training isn't going to go away, is it? Anyways, I don't think the Mazdaspeed would be any harder to work on than a 3rd gen RX-7. LOL
    Agreed, but how many techs are qualified to work on those? If I had a 3g RX7, I'd be saying the same thing.
    Ryan

Thinking of getting an MSP?...check out the PROS & CONS
    Want an IC sprayer for your MSP?...make your own for under $10

Forge Motorsport
    42 Draft Designs

Comment

Originally posted by YellowMP5
      whatever the market will sustain....

so whats that like $1-$2??
      Sagaris

Comment

Originally posted by Motegi
        so whats that like $1-$2??

actually i was only hoping to get 50 cents but that will work too, lol
        <B>Dima</B>
        Intense Performance
        South Florida Mazda Club

<a href="http://www.ipmcsfl.com">http://www.ipmcsfl.com</a>

http://streamlounge.blogspot.com/

2002 Protege5 2.0L Zoom Car
        1987 Mustang 2.3Lx Pony Car

"Never **** with Mother Nature,
        Mother Law and Mother Phreaking
        Ukrainians" - Skinny Pete - 'Italian Job'

"Скорость ето страсть...Скорость ето жизнь..." - Мираж

Comment

damn. thats getting a little expensive dont you think!? I mean **** its Dima, soda, Dima, soda, Dima, soda...
          Sagaris

Comment

Originally posted by Motegi
            damn. thats getting a little expensive dont you think!? I mean **** its Dima, soda, Dima, soda, Dima, soda...
            psst, choose dima...it does your body good
            <B>Dima</B>
            Intense Performance
            South Florida Mazda Club

Comment

i think soda wins

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

Originally posted by YellowMP5
                psst, choose dima...it does your body good
                is that Russian for Milk it does your body good or what?!
                Sagaris

Comment

Originally posted by ZoomZoomH
                  i think soda wins
                  pff, what do you know
                  <B>Dima</B>
                  Intense Performance
                  South Florida Mazda Club

Comment

Originally posted by Black Majik MSP
                    Tell me what other Mazda comes with a turbo or aftermarket suspension. That's right, the MAZDASPEED Miata. Mazdaspeeds ARE different.

lol, didn't the rx7 have a twin turbo? not that it really matters, the rx7's rotary engine is FAR more complicated than your basic inline 4 that has a small turbo slapped on it. what about the super charged millenia? if the mechanics can work on those, then they are certainly knowledgable enough to work on your lowly msp as for suspension, it's all the same, aftermarket or stock, but since you brought it up, the mp3 came with "aftermarket" suspension. but unless you are getting into real coil overs like jic majic or tein, all suspension is the same. hell, i changed out my front springs in about 50 minutes in a hotel parking lot, by myself. and i'm no mechanic, i stick to car audio. take it apart sometime and you'll realize how simple it really is. the only thing that makes your car special is the rediculously high price you paid for it

Comment

who want cookies

i want my cookies with SODA

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

Tell me what other Mazda comes with a turbo or aftermarket suspension. That's right, the MAZDASPEED Miata. Mazdaspeeds ARE different.
                        That would actually be FACTORY suspension. Not aftermarket.
                        Just adding my .02
                        Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                        BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                        Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Dude...try and follow me.

I know this is tough for you... back the damn ego off for 5 mins and try reading. Literacy is cool, girls dig it...etc. Joelene likes me a lot because I can read. If it works for an asshole like me, it can work for you.

Turbos:

"what other Mazda comes with a turbo...?"

1st gen MX-6, 323 GTX, 323 GT, 2nd gen RX-7, 3rd gen RX-7....and that's just in the last 15 years.

Not only that, but AGAIN, since I'VE ALREADY SAID IT... THE TURBO system on the MSP is about as simple as you can think of. It's TOTALLY mechanically controlled. NOTHING ELSE. Simple vacum line systems, etc... It's quite simple if you follow the factory service manuals/guidelines/etc. Plus, OBDII is reading what's going on, so again, ANY technician can read what's going wrong, and address the problem. It doesn't require special training. It involves being able to read, and plugging in a wire.

Anyway, next:

Aftermarket Suspension:

Suspensions are made of only a few different things. Springs, Struts, swaybars, control arms, bushings, etc.

Springs

A spring is a coiled piece of thick wire, formed in a special design that gives a specified spring rate. You can figure it out by either using some simple mathmatical forumulas, OR, you can put X amount of pressure on it, see how far it compresses, and figure it out in a simple ratio.

That being said, there is ZERO things different, or special about the springs on the MSP. They are simply a different gauge of wire that was wound into your spring. It doesn't require ANY sort of special training for a spring. A spring is a piece of metal that you cannot "Fix" or "repair." If one breaks, (would require HUGE original build problem, or one heck of an accident) they can only replace it. And that's the same job on ANY strut based car, nothing specific to Mazdas or MSP's for sure.

Struts

Struts are a sealed cylinder that allows oil to pass through orifaces in order to DAMPEN the movement of the suspension. Again, any sort of problem with these, either in oem struts or in the Tokicos/KYB/whatever that came on your car is the same... you have to replace them. The ONLY struts that can be "repaired" are Konis, Bilsteins, Ohlins, Moutons, etc...the high end, adjustable types, and other specialized struts. Tokicos are NOT rebuildable. If the shaft sees odd wear patterns, if the seals go, if WHATEVER happens to blow them.... they MUST BE REPLACED. Like springs, replacing a strut is a VERY VERY simple procedure and any grease monkey that's work on cars in his backyard can do it without a problem.

Aftermarket struts differ from oem pieces by the the valve stacks inside the SEALED strut body, the weight of oil used, and the sizes of the various seals, shafts, cylinders, etc. Nothing special about them.

sway bars

A swaybar is a torsion spring. It's a long solid or hollow piece of metal tubing in almost ALL oem automotive applications, including ALL proteges. The ONLY differences in sway bars is shape, diameter, and hollow/solid design. That's it. They all attach to part of the moving suspension, and are usually braced on the chassis in 2 places.

Again, the same failure issues with regular springs are inherent here. You cannot fix or repair a swaybar. It can only be replaced. With the MSP, the oem rear bushings are a known issue with Mazda. The issues that are caused by the bad rear bushings are also known. ANYONE can replace swaybar bushings. It takes less than 20 mins in your driveway, less if you have a lift. Simple simple.

Aftermarket sway bars are usually simply BIGGER diameter pieces of metal...that's the only difference. Or the might have multiple holes to allow an adjustment.

The endlink is another simple piece. Again, it's usually metal, and has a threaded end of some sort to connect it to either the strut body or control arm, depending on the car. It's simple hardware. If it breaks, it's obvious, and you just replace it.

control arms

Again, stamped/cast/forged metal (usually iron/steel/aluminum) peices connected by bolts to the chassis. Nothing special, nothing you should try and "fix". It's like a big lego thing. If you accidently break a piece, you just replace it with another.

Aftermarket control arms aren't even available for your car, but if they were, they'd just be stronger, lighter weight pieces of metal. No other REAL difference.

Bushings

These are rubber and sometimes have metal pieces embedded into them to carry a bolt or another piece of hardware. You cannot fix a piece of rubber. You replace it. And you replace rubber bushigns on a MSP just like you replace the rubber bushings on any other car. Nothing special, nothing unique.

Aftermarket bushings are usually just stiffer rubber, or use more metal than the oem piece.

So in conclusion, your crap is the same crap that everyone else here uses. Cars are just metal chunks thrown together with nuts and bolts and screws. Nothing special. I put my *&^% pants on the same as you in the morning, and your crap probably smells at least as bad as mine.

No need to have an attitude, get a clue, and move along in life. -motegi
                          Last edited by Motegi; 04-22-2004, 07:19 PM.
                          "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                          -93 MR2, 129 ES
                          ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                          Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

well put...I guess
                            Sagaris

Comment

i just had rice and beans, everybody watch out!

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

Hank..you need to warn those in your house hold not us!
                                Sagaris

Comment

Working...
                                X