Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

Greetings from Oregon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Oregon

Well it would appear that the Pacific NW has a dying mazda club scene, (unless you're rolling an fc or fd) and I want to fix that.

So, I'm here in Portland, Oregon and I'm looking for people who would be interested in organizing a meet?

If you read the forums a lot, people are trying to get a huge meet going in 2012, back east.
    And if you're like me, you can't exactly take a week off of work to drive to Minnesota or New York or where ever.

So my thought is we could meet somewhere in the middle?

(Vantucky, Long View?)

Let's get this going.
    Last edited by 95scortGuy; 12-01-2010, 07:34 PM.
    If you're not at redline, you're not driving.

Man, I'm down for a meet anytime. I have been trying to get people intrested in one for a while now. But it seems I will just have to go to the mazda's nw meets.

Comment

i'm game for showing up basically whenever. bear with me though.. i fail to own another mazda still. lol. but i got stories, and knowledge! (and some you don't wanna know about) lol
      1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
      Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
      "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

I would really like to go to a great big meet too.
        1989 bf b6 hatch. dead
        1992 maz 323 project rally. dead

1991 mazda protege custom cai
        2.5 inch exhaust in to magnaflo dual tip muffler
        bp swap obx stainless header exintake miata 10.1 pistons and megasquirt comming real soon

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by worldhazard View Post
          i'm game for showing up basically whenever. bear with me though.. i fail to own another mazda still. lol. but i got stories, and knowledge! (and some you don't wanna know about) lol
          That's ok. Your still Mazda at heart! Thats what matters right? ZOOM ZOOM dude!
          94 pro base model, all synthetic fluids, s/r struts, front & rear ebay upper strut bars,front & rear tie bar, ZX2 1" front swaybar, EGT 21mm rear sway bar, custom delrin endlinks front & rear, custom delrin rear swaybar mount bushings, EBC front blanks & redstuff pads, CS ss brake lines & dot 4 fluid, big drum brakes in rear (from ZX2, free parts), 2.25 custom exaust w/magnaflo oval muffler, 4-wire o2 sensor, custom ram-air, 4-wire BP tb, MSD super conducter plug wires, MSD Blaster SS coil, NGK iridiums,OEM weighted shift knob, ebay short shifter, bronzoil bushings, CS ss clutch line, custom air splitter, mx-3 recaro drivers seat, EGT foglight switch, 35w 5000k hi/lo hid's

soon:
          lightened flywheel & clutch; in garage,
          Miata Daisy's; after new tires

Comment

Thanks for the support guys!

Yeah I've been mobbin' with MazdasNW a couple of times lately, and while they're great guys, I don't exactly fit in with a bunch of 2000-ish 3's and 2's. Lol

What I was thinking was, (After i get my brakes done) was maybe meeting in Vancouver?

It would seem to be in the middle for most people. Either that or Portland?

Comment

im down for a meet wherever. i could always use some new resources for parts and knowledge and such lol

Comment

I'm in and out of the Tacoma/Puyallup area, a half dozen or so times a year now, still trying to see if anyones down for pics or hanging out.

Comment

always. it would be easyer for me to do south seattle/tacoma/oly area tho, as im on the canadian border.
                  loves BGs too much for his own good...

93 pro lx. daily runaround until a straight shell can be had.
                  73 datsun 260z, yet another project in need of more love.

"yeah im sure you as a redneck and then a dude walking around with a mohawk, wearing gang rags... you're sure to stir up some trouble..."
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 89BG 323 View Post
                    always. it would be easyer for me to do south seattle/tacoma/oly area tho, as im on the canadian border.
                    Yeah Bellingham's a ways up there. I'll try and keep up on CP again, I've faded off for a bit since I'm part of a drifting crew now, but seeing as how I still own my pony car, I'm obliged to come back

Comment

Working...
                    X