Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

Summer time meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had to work... hope y'all had a good time.
    '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
    '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Well it was good to meet and hang out with deadly_sleeper and me19875. It would have been nice if some more people could have come. I can't speak for deadly_sleeper, but if I was him, I would have been pissed to set this up and drive 7hrs just to hang out with only 2 other people. I do understand that things come up that change plans. Anyway enough ranting from me I had a good time with the people that were here and hopefully we can get another one setup were more people can and will show up
      Jason
      Yes Its 4wd woot woot
      sigpic

My Vb Gallery

Comment

yeah. it was so nice to have 11 people show interest, and then have 8 people bow it. yeah, pisses me off. makes me rethink doing this next year. i think next year, i'll just let someone else try and organize this, and then once there are people for sure down for it, i'll make my decision. oh and just to let everyone know, yes the 7 hour drive home sucked!!

but other then that, it was fun hanging out and talking to people.but hey, at least i got out of the house, and out of my home town and got to do something. just wish people would some a little more interest and committment to these kinds of things.
        Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

Sorry to hear about the ****ty turnout. Damn eric...I can't believe you'd drive 7 hrs to meet 2 ppl but not 24+ to meet me. lol jp. Any pics taken? If so where are they?
          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Maybe there will be better turnout at that XXX Rootbeer meet in Issaquah.
            '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by jay View Post
              Maybe there will be better turnout at that XXX Rootbeer meet in Issaquah.
              When's that?
              Yes Its 4wd woot woot
              sigpic

My Vb Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
                Sorry to hear about the ****ty turnout. Damn eric...I can't believe you'd drive 7 hrs to meet 2 ppl but not 24+ to meet me. lol jp. Any pics taken? If so where are they?
                no, no pictures were taken. i would've like to go to the other meet, but as i recall, you didn't go to that meet either. maybe, hopefully next year.

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

Comment

Originally posted by jasoncsprotege View Post
                  When's that?
                  Sep 23!

A forum community dedicated to Mazda 3 and all Mazda vehicle owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about MazdaSpeed performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!

Comment

That sounds like it would be fun (to go whoop ass on a bunch of speed 3's)
                    Yes Its 4wd woot woot
                    sigpic

My Vb Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by deadly_sleeper View Post
                      no, no pictures were taken. i would've like to go to the other meet, but as i recall, you didn't go to that meet either. maybe, hopefully next year.
                      Yes I know. I'm hoping to make next years meet. Its in the same month as I'm most likely moving so we'll see when the meet takes place and the move week happens. What sux is its going to be less than 2 hrs away next year lol.
                      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

yea, the meet was definitely cool, but really could have used more people lol. i especially feel bad for eric, that's a crazy long drive considering hardly anyone showed up. also, just fyi, you can't really appreciate jason's car until you see it in person. it's hard to believe it used to be a crumbling bucket of rust. haha, both of those guys make me want to turn my car into a turbo beast.
                        sigpic

Comment

At least you guys didn't drive 20 hours..........

Comment

Originally posted by Jho View Post
                            At least you guys didn't drive 20 hours..........
                            no, but i did drive 16 hours round trip. 7 to corvallis, 2 to portland, then 7 back home.

but meh, at least i got to see jason's 4wd. i wish i would've stayed for another 10 for a ride.

Comment

sorry about the turnout guys... ats the problem with proteges, its not a bunch of mon-fri, 8-5, office workers... its part time (or full time) employees generally working nights and weekends. I would have been there no doubt but i work sundays and i stated that from the begining. I hate to see ya drive so far for nothing man.
                              There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

I do the M-F 8-5.

Comment

Working...
                                X