Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

mazda meet in issaquah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it looks like we're gonna find out exactly what's in there. What looks like is happening is the clutch arm is actualting fully, but the clutch ain't releasing...whether it's due to a bad pilot bearing, grabbing the disc, or collapsed springs, remains to be seen. But never in all my days have I seen a clutch fail like this, cuz it still holds full torque. But some ACT clutches are known for being hard in pilotbearings so maybe mine's squashed and isn't letting go. The rallycar's setup, which we'll duplicate, is an ACT clutch for a '93 MX6, and yeah, a 4wd TO and pilotbearing. But I tell you what I just frickin hate taking the trannies outta these cars.
    '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
    '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Originally posted by jay View Post
      ......But I tell you what I just frickin hate taking the trannies outta these cars.
      I have to agree with you on this statement. Something Derrick had a problem with in his car was the pivot ball for the fork actually broke off. He did the same as you and changed M/C and slave with still no luck, so he started looking around and he found the ball had broke which ment the tranny still had to come out. Something els for you to look at
      Jason
      Yes Its 4wd woot woot
      sigpic

My Vb Gallery

Comment

heh heh heh... we had a talk about that and it's one of the things I checked! I've got a new clutch ordered and plans to take it to my pal's shop, where awaits a lift and a tranny jack...
        '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.

Comment

Good luck with that Jay.

Hope you get the AWD back on the road in time.

Comment

anyone make it to this meet???
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I did! I have some pics on my camera, someday I'll upload them.
              No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

chip chip craig
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Here's a few pics I snapped.
                  Canadians are Funny

and here's the sad car that couldn't make it It will next year!!
                  No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

1.8l with a vacum advance disty.... thats kinda silly

Comment

BPT with GTR exhaust/intake manifolds and vj23 on it. but it only made 236hp/233tq (didn't take a pic of the dyno sheet). still has much tuning needed.

Comment

'Taint a vj23, ifn't you guys are talking about Downing's car. He got a GT28RS. I think he kept the vacuum dizzy cuz he kept the BF ECU. Yeah he's got a bit of tuning to do...

Comment

ohh, thought he'd said it was the GTR mani and turbo. eh. still cool though.

Comment

Working...
                            X