Keep Right Except to Pass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep Right Except to Pass

DENVER - The Colorado State Patrol says it will soon be enforcing a law designating the left lane on highways at the passing lane.

The law has actually been in effect for six months, but starting Jan. 1., state troopers will begin ticketing people that hog the passing lane.

The law requires that on multilane highways, where the speed limit is at least 65 miles per hour, drivers must stay out of the far left lane except for passing. The exception is rush hour, when motorists are not able to move over.

The Patrol had sought the change because they thought the practice of slow driving in the fast lane contributed to road rage.

Penalties for violators include a $35 fine plus a $6.20 surcharge and three points on their driver's license.

The Colorado Department of Transportation has posted about 40 signs around the state, reminding motorists to "Keep right except to pass." Another 30 signs are planned.
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

bring it to cali plz
    Serenity's Dead.

Comment

****ing A! They need to do that **** here. I swear Im the only asshole in Oklahoma that does that.

But holy ****...3 points!?
      2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

It has been the law here in Northeast for some time now, its just too bad that some state troopers are either don't give a sh*t for it, or know nothing about it. However, it is about time some one took an initiative.
        "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Originally posted by Marc93lx
          ****ing A! They need to do that **** here. I swear Im the only asshole in Oklahoma that does that.

But holy ****...3 points!?
          But a pretty cheap fine.
          2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

yeah thats ****ing long over due, **** needs to make its way to mass like yesterday, i ****inghate that state.
            .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
            225.94wtq
            torque monster!!!!
            dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
            http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
            http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO
              yeah thats ****ing long over due, **** needs to make its way to mass like yesterday, i ****inghate that state.
              DI-F*CKIN-TTO! No offense to the locals, but I hate driving in Massachusetts!
              "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Cali could have some damn nice roads if this ever happened here!!! highbeams and horns mean nothing nowadays...

Comment

Originally posted by KiddX
                  bring it to cali plz

Comment

Its the law here in Arkansas to, the worst people doing it here is young teens, I recall seeing that question in the driving test book.....but the cops don't enforce it....

DaPro
                    94 Protege DX SOHC 1.8l 5 Speed
                    (DaPro)

its better to wait and save then to waste money on crap to get you by....

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
                      werd

ABOUT ****ING TIME!!!!!!!!
                      same. Only it needs to come here as well.
                      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Well they've finally adopted the european school of thought on that one . . . if only they'd build our roads like they do the autobahn now . . . ****ing potholes, and it's only december

Comment

But where will I do my speeding!

This is great and all for keeping the slow people out of the fast lane, but I cant just be weaving in and out of the middle lane Id get pulled over for reckless driving.

We cant adopt the european school of driving becuase too many people are idiots, and the middle lane is just gonna slow to 30mph.

however 3 points is what im talking about, thats definetly oneway to enforce stuff.
                          Last edited by zerocover; 12-30-2004, 01:29 PM.

Comment

as long as your always passing you will be ok, lol
                            .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                            225.94wtq
                            torque monster!!!!
                            dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                            http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                            http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

The problem is that they don't enforce the law, I had some guy in Mass doing 55 in a 55 in the left lane and wouldn't get over. The right lane was free so I blinked my lights, I eventually passed him on the right but not before I was passed by several people on the right. It's morons like that who cause roadrage and get people killed... if they start enforcing it I will be a much happier man!
                              '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
                              '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
                              '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
                              '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
                              '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
                              '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

Working...
                              X