No announcement yet.

the carbon fiber theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

um, i have a cf hood...it weighs about 15lbs less than the stock hood, which is heavy as ****...and it also is stronger than the stock hood, and it did shave time off bia b

Comment

Originally posted by iwokeupfrmadrea
      um, i have a cf hood...it weighs about 15lbs less than the stock hood, which is heavy as ****...and it also is stronger than the stock hood, and it did shave time off bia b
      If it's only 15 lbs less, then it's not full carbon fiber, probably fiberglass with a couple sheets over it.

and stronger? define stronger. I didn't think my hood was a stressed member
      "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
      -93 MR2, 129 ES
      ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
      Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

its cf with a fiberglass backing, and i have dropped several heavy tools on it which would have severely dented my old hood, but didnt even scratch the clear coat-also, sex on this hood doesnt dent it like sex on the other hood

Comment

Originally posted by iwokeupfrmadrea
          its cf with a fiberglass backing, and i have dropped several heavy tools on it which would have severely dented my old hood, but didnt even scratch the clear coat-also, sex on this hood doesnt dent it like sex on the other hood
          Maybe you didn't have sex hard enough ....

-- Let me try with ya girl,, I'll make that hood look like someone fell on it from a 6 story roof ...
          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
            Maybe you didn't have sex hard enough ....

-- Let me try with ya girl,, I'll make that hood look like someone fell on it from a 6 story roof ...

lol thats just wrong. Can i get seconds?

Comment

dammit jon, no u cant do her! just cuz u know shes rather attractive doesnt mean shes up for grabs!

Comment

keep it on topic....
                "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                -93 MR2, 129 ES
                ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

To add on to what jesse said about the weight difference...

less weight = more lateral traction :
                  due mainly to momentum. simple concept. This is why you go slow around corners with trucks.

Plus, most of the time when you're cornering you're also braking, obviously putting more weight on your front tires.
                  '99 Protege ES

Mostly stock.

Comment

Working...
                  X