Input on Thermal R&D mufflers please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Input on Thermal R&D mufflers please?

Well I passed inspection so it's time to start putting together an exhaust. I've been thinking about what components to go with for awhile now and wanted to know if anyone here has had a Thermal Research & Developement muffler/exhaust on any car they've ever owned. I mainly just want to know about the muffler, how does it sound/durability/build quality etc., as I think I am going to purchase a universal muffler from Thermal. I want to keep it as quiet as possible and as close to looking like stock as possible.

So any input on the company would be appreciated since I've never heard people talk about them on the few forums I'm a member of.

Thanks
    Not the sports page Not a magazine

Some guy that lives in the same apartment complex that I live in drives a civic with a giant thermal sticker on the windshield. Sounds like ****.

I dunno what you can take from this, but that's all I can say.

Comment

my friend has a full catback thermal system on his 03 prelude and it sounds awesome. its the perfect sound in my opinion.
      '91 323 SE
      Sony 12" Sub and amp - 17" Motegi MR7's wrapped in 205/40/zr Visa's - Protoss CAI - Magnaflow Exhaust - Indiglo Gauges and Carbon Fiber Bezel - Ractive Shift Knob, Boot, and Pedals - GroundControls

Coming Soon- Kartboy SS, Pakfeifer Front Bumper
      <center></center>

<a href="mailto://67mustangjosh@gmail.com">67mustangjosh@gmail dot com</a>

Comment

my roomate has a LS turbo with a full 3" R&D exhuast and it sounds like ****
        sigpic
        1987 Rx7 TurboII (Stripped and Crush R.I.P )
        1987 Rx7 Sport (Street port Rebuild almost done.)
        2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe w/ sports package

Comment

I haven't been hearing too many good things about how they sound so I guess the hunt to find a Racing Beat somewhere continues until I give in and get a cheap muffler. Thermal uses steel wool for noise reduction in their mufflers and most of the reviews I found said the same thing, They sound great at first but after about 2-3 weeks of carbon build up it just goes to **** and becomes raspy.

Well thanks for sealing the deal on me not getting a Thermal muffler, input appreciated.
          Not the sports page Not a magazine

Comment

I can recommend two very good mufflers. One is easy to find, the other nearly impossible. Blitz Nurspec and Greddy/Trust DD. I would just go with the Nurspec... sounds awesome (way better than an apex N1...) but if you can find the trust muffler, get it!

Comment

Working...
            X