suburu svx?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suburu svx?!

this is a car i heard about before like once.. never had seen it in my life till today. damn.. what a beautiful car it was too! just wanted to share
    Attached Files

very slow from what ive seen., but yes a nice car.
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Automatic only, but it's really neat.
      2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Very rarely do I see them on the road, but the svx looks really nice imo...
        -------------------------
        '91 LX
        '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
        -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
        well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

I have a friend who is selling one right now. They are not slow. they aren't as fast as it's competitors like the 3kgt or 300zx, but it keeps up nicely witha stock wrx. They only came in automatic, but there is a company called small car in washington who does manual swaps for a decent price.

I love the windows.

Comment

its got some jacked up taillights huh
            Joe H
            2000 Chevy Impala
            3400 3.4 Liter V6
            Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
            U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
            Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

the car was designed by Giorgio Giugiaro,the main man at Italdesign of lamborghini countach and diablo and BMW M1 fame. The man knows what he is doing. That said, I think the car is beautiful, including the tail lights. It takes some getting used to, but it really does feel like a supercar driving it around.

Comment

i've seen about 4 or 5 of those up here (3 of them i see around fairly regularly)... i think they are pretty nice...i like the windows
                i was considering getting one awhile back when i wrecked my protege. they are VERY affordable and i mean, come on, AWD 230hp H6. how could you not like that?

edit: oh but i do think it was a bad move to make it automatic only.
                i like automatic (no bias though...i don't hate 5spd or anything...), but i'm sure they'd be much more popular especially given the type of car it is (sporty) if they had offered a 5speed manual.
                Last edited by sixhex; 03-04-2005, 05:48 PM. Reason: adding some stuff
                justin
                Protege - 1993 - White - LX - AT - 170k miles
                installed--- Glass Sunroof, ZX2 S\R struts, Eibachs, custom intake, mp3 headunit, Enkei RS6 16" wheels

Comment

I gotta respect them man. The kid who works at the 7-11 next to my house has one and I saw him leaving one night so I got next to him at the light. I had him until about 30 then it was all him see ya later.
                  Not the sports page Not a magazine

Comment

from what i am told, they have amazing top end acceleration
                    Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by 00ProDX
                      very slow from what ive seen., but yes a nice car.

Faster than you'd think. 3.0 H6 (6cyl boxer motor). Friend had a red one that was very fun to drive, but it's attraction to guard rails ended it's life. I'd consider one if I didn't need a car that was useful.
                      Ed H.

02 Protege5
                      00 Honda CBR 929rr
                      84 Kawasaki 750 Turbo

www.cbr929rr.com

Comment

"Because development money ran short, Subaru designed only one transmission for the SVX, a four speed automatic" - Martin Padgett Jr. Car and Driver Sept. 1992, Pg 120.
                        Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                        BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                        Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

i think i see those on a daily basis around here...
                          Eat ****.

Comment

my friend has a Subaru SVX.... nice car, but it has some glaring problems:

1. Transmission! it SUCKS! IT'S AN OVERHEATING PIECE OF CRAP! If you are thinking of buying one, swap in an Impreza 5-speed.

2. Weight! it SUCKS! IT'S 3600 POUNDS! Hah! Still fast though

Other than than... it's a little long, but it's badass... collector car too, only about 24k sold in the US, so whee!

I was gonna buy it from my friend, but I couldn't afford it
                            Ask me about engine management!

Comment

I see this red one locally all the time... some old lady driving it.....
                              The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
                              X