This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To all Mazda6 manual tran owners!!!

As I have been reading over the past several days, other Mazda6 manual tranny owners have experienced the same...more than irritating... problem that I have had with my own pretty red 4 cylinder 5 door. I have both loved and hated this car from just about the begining. Its as good looking a car as there is and my 5 door has enough room to fit a whole loveseat in! I loved the way this car handles, especially after changing out the stock tires with some 'Fusion's'. But I had become more and more irritated from how bad the gear box and the engine worked together especially in the lower gears. Just getting into first gear much less gowing into second and sometimes third, was too demanding and was also accompanied by a "grogging" of the gears as if they were gasping for something that just wasn't there. I tried using higher octane gas and of course changed the oil regularly, but nothing changed...it was bad then and it was bad when on one night while visiting my local auto parts store...a miracle happened. I know there are many who don't believe in quick fixes...or the like. But there is one product that I will swear by. As I turned the isle I noticed a stack of what a mechanic once told me was one of the most effective products on the market...
    Lucas Oil Stabilizer!.
    While I have since read that many are reluctant to use the stuff because they think its so thick...its actually lighter than oi l(its the first thing you notice when you pick up the white plastic bottle...how light it is), but has a much higher volume than oil. And because of that it stays cooler and stays put in the crankcase providing more compression and torque and greater protection against friction, wear and tear. I remember thinking about how all of it made sense. So I said what the hell. My M6, which was really becomming a chore to shift couldn't get any worse...so I bought a quart of it and topped my oil off...it was about a quart low, but the warning light had not come on and even after a fresh oil change, the gear box was still searching for some support. I started up the engine and let it sit at idle for a minute or two and started my drive into Huntsville Al. from nearby Madison. At first I thought "ok I didn't feel anything but that's because I shifted very precisely", which I can do when I rev the engine up enough to push the gears into submission. I drove along slowing for the lights and traffic shifting between second and fourth. I noticed that the changing of gears felt smoother..no lag between the actual change. The gears seem to jump into place! "Could this be real", I thought? "Could this **** make this kind of difference...this fast?" These were my thoughts! Well let me cut to the chase...
    My M6 drives like a new car....and I am serious!!! Like a new freaking car!!!!! The 'grogging' is gone. Shifting is almost...no is, seamless more than not! And my car has never..not even close...ever had the quickness it has now! And on top of that the car seems to be doing it all with less effort...quieter!!! I stay in third and fourth far more than I used to. And I am not joking when I say....I am enjoying driving my car for the very first time...completely!
    Look, for anyone who may have your doubts, but I know than anyone who drives a 'M6 Four' won't hesitate, Lucas Oil Stabilizer is too cheap not to try once to see for yourself. I really thought that there was a seriously bad mateing of engine and gearbox. I knew that the engine was not producing enough compression to stay behind the tight gears. Any lag in pressure and it was awful to shift on this car. . Well its all gone and its no joke. My car has experienced its own miracle and been give new life....and so have I. I can't wait to see the upcomming posts on this one. Lots of smiling faces. Oh and by the way...I getting better milage too!
    I want to assure anyone out there that I have no ties whatsoever to the company...Lucas that is. I am just a professional tennis instructor who just wanted to share something that I am sure someone else probably already knows...this stuff works! And it is the cure for the shifting problem that so many loyal M6 owners have only wished would go away...and it would have all been a bad dream. These cars are way too cool to have had such a bad problem. Well.....problem solved!
    Enjoy your new cars!!!!!!!

I disagree, I had a meeting with Mr. Lucas one time and he gave me AIDS.
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

This is a repost of a topic you originally posted in another thread. Check the original thread, https://www.wihandyman.com/forum/sho...870#post244870 for our responses and please don't double-post.

Happy Motoring!
      02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
      MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
      MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
      Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
      MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
      Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
      Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
      Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
      Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
      Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
      Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
      Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
      Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Originally posted by goldstar
        This is a repost of a topic you originally posted in another thread. Check the original thread, https://www.wihandyman.com/forum/sho...870#post244870 for our responses and please don't double-post.

Happy Motoring!

You are right, but before you are quick to judge I felt the need to give my experience its own post because of its significance to other M6 owners who have had the same problem I have had and may not have seen it. I am sure that there are those who will appreciate my post after all is said and done. But I will be sure to think "twice" next time!!!

What about the "...but he gave me Aids" thread... that wasn't even concerning ....anything! I guess posting nonsense is ok. Why we will just give him a 'Goldstar'!!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=cshamWhat about the "...but he gave me Aids" thread... that wasn't even concerning ....anything! I guess posting nonsense is ok. Why we will just give him a 'Goldstar'!!!![/QUOTE]

Yes, you will soon learn that much nonsense is posted on this Forum.

Happy Motoring!
          02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
          MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
          MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
          Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
          MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
          Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
          Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
          Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
          Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
          Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
          Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
          Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
          Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

point made in the other thread, no need for this one. I will leave it here though since it refers back to the other thread.

And dont mind charles.... being a homosexual and all, he posts odd stuff now and then.
            The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
            X