Looking to buy a 99 Jimmy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to buy a 99 Jimmy.

I was browsing the insurance auctions in my area just for ****s and giggles and came across this.
    It is a 1999 GMC Jimmy 4-door with only 98k miles. Only has hail damage, and something with the front bumper. I'm looking to drop only $1,500-$2,000 for this, I'm pretty confident that I'de win this. Now is this worth it? Does anyone know of any "normal" problems with these?
    Here are some pics of the actual vehicle:

Also, if this acution goes past $2,000 how much should I bid up to?
    1997 mazda Protege LX -4 12" subs,clarion DVD player,clarion H/U
    1998 fordF-150 -lowered 6" 20in rims,custom flames,roush side exit exhaust...etc.
    1993 Ford Probe GT -New project.
    advertisement car:1993 acura NSX ,widebody kit,lambo orange paint,etc.
    new advertisement car-1991 nissan 300ZX TT

Either than wanting this truck for 4 wheel drive capability, Jimmys and Blazers have a boat load of problems. Aside from cruddy suspension and steering, these vehicles fall apart from the inside out. They're extremely hard to work on and your problems will stem from what you have to repair next to what NEEDS to be repaired next. If you're picky about the mechanical condition of your vehicles, steer clear of GM trucks. Either than that, it's 5k below blue book aside from body damage. If all you need is a truck to drive in the snow.. I'd say it's a pretty good deal.
    Kevin

Comment

I <3 GMC......got a 94 GMC Sierra with almost 200,000 miles and only thing needing replacing is my brakes GMC/Chevy are good reliable truck even though many people do not seem to think so.

If you like it and want it then go ahead and buy it.

Comment

Yep...Im all for the chevy/gmc's....I got a 2001 Blazer 4x4 4door....beast of a machine..lol.

Its great and hasnt had anything go wrong with it.
        Eat ****.

Comment

everyone i know with gm trucks have been more than happy
          ClubProtege

Comment

hard to work on? chevy trucks are among the easiest to work on ive ever seen. i mean how can you argue with a truck that take 30 minutes to change the water pump? try working on a ford f-150. 5 hours of labor to change the spark plugs now thats hard. granted it actually takes about 2 to 3 hours once you know how to do it.
            mods: engine: fm stroker lightened and knifedged crank, 11:1, custom crank scraper, fully p&p head and intake mani, bored throttle body, flowed and matched stock injectors, rx7 vaf, apexi safc, gude race cams, modded ecu 8200 fuel cutoff, blaster coil, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, fidanza fly wheel and timeing gears, msp diff, custom shortram in a cold air box

suspension: s/r struts intrack springs and intrax sway bars 15x6.5 rims kumho mx tires 205 50 r 15

Comment

Working...
            X