X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jeep 4.0L lasts forever

Comment

Originally posted by purewhitemp5
      Well the B2200 is old , falling apart , dented , running rough , needs tires , brakes , and shocks not to mention its a standard cab which is quite cramped. The Jeep has New tires , brakes , shocks , paint , all u-joints have been replaced , motor has been rebuilt , recent alignment. Just the interior has seen better days which is not a problem for me. not to mention all the free parts that come with it like a flowmaster exhaust , assorted air fresheners , stock rims and tires.
      The air fresheners make the scale lean. Mopoor it is.

Comment

+Finally drove the B2200 for the first time and let me tell you what a piece of crap that thing is. First off none of the rear lights work except for the plate light. Only 1 turn signal upfront works , gas cap is missing , idles at 1500 rpm then shoots up to 2000 rpms and then back to 1500 after you tap the pedal then goes back up to 2000 rpms , not to mention it wont rev past 3300 rpms before mis-fireing like crazy , It tops out at 55 mph , exhaust is rusted out , the interior dome lamp is a melted hunk of plastic , the windows only roll down half way , the horn works only when you make right turns , the temp gauge does not work and the gas gauge works only when going over speed bumps , the 5-speed crunches with every gear change , the heater does not work , and the radio and speakers are blown. I think I'll take the Jeep.
        c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

Jeep > beater B2200
          Add the curvey 1996+ intake manifold to the4.0L and you'll get more low-end torque and better mpg's.
          There's also chinese knock-offs of the banks header for about $130. pm me and I'll find the link.

Comment

Originally posted by purewhitemp5 View Post
            +Finally drove the B2200 for the first time and let me tell you what a piece of crap that thing is. First off none of the rear lights work except for the plate light. Only 1 turn signal upfront works , gas cap is missing , idles at 1500 rpm then shoots up to 2000 rpms and then back to 1500 after you tap the pedal then goes back up to 2000 rpms , not to mention it wont rev past 3300 rpms before mis-fireing like crazy , It tops out at 55 mph , exhaust is rusted out , the interior dome lamp is a melted hunk of plastic , the windows only roll down half way , the horn works only when you make right turns , the temp gauge does not work and the gas gauge works only when going over speed bumps , the 5-speed crunches with every gear change , the heater does not work , and the radio and speakers are blown. I think I'll take the Jeep.
            Wow, that is just sad.

Comment

Working...
            X