Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JesseSays
    http://www.webcon.co.uk/alpha/caterham_jpe.htm

0-100-0 in a tad over 8 seconds. Viper what?
    That's insane... a 2.0 engine in a car that weighs 1100 lbs can push it that fast... I think that beats all for impressive engineering.

Also, I found this site... I don't really know much about the Viper Hennessey but are these numbers correct?
    Discover the latest breaking news in the U.S. and around the world — politics, weather, entertainment, lifestyle, finance, sports and much more.
    Last edited by jnorion; 02-07-2004, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by skr33t_rac3r
      a caterham
      nope, just a Stalker, Birken, and Locost

I'm waiting for my friend to start building his Sylva Phoenix. That'll be pretty cool.
      "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
      -93 MR2, 129 ES
      ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
      Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
        That's insane... a 2.0 engine in a car that weighs 1100 lbs can push it that fast... I think that beats all for impressive engineering.
        [/URL]
        fwiw, the better bike engined cars are going sub 1000 lbs. and come with the sequential.
        -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

the custom air box with the K&N filter is why the viper has so much power.......
          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Woot, i have the best ( err better ? ) of both worlds.....

japanese - 92 protege ( its DX auto, but it still is badass so stfu ) it has "flowmaster" exhaust stickers...but no flowmaster...i just didn't want to put them on the mustang. I'm hoping to find a good DOHC (i think i might have also ) and a good 5spd ..... and a pocket full of money...if i can ever come by that last one it would be great. this car also sports my sweet ass sound system....it consists of 2 Logitech Z-560 computer speaker systems ( 4 1 1/2 in sattilits, i can never spell that right, and 2 8' subs) some other tweeters from a wrecked mustang, a 400 watt pioneer amp, and a kenwood MP3/CD....I beat a Chevy Silverado with a 350...maybe it was a ****ty driver, maybe the PROTEGE OF POWER just kicks ass...oh and a mitsu****tty eclipse (95?)

american muscle - a '95 Mustang GT with the 5.0 and enough goodies to make it go 0-60 in 5 seconds or less... if you're good enough to keep the tires from spinning throught 3rd..oh and dont forget the car bra...so far i've beat 2 'vettes in this....and got my ass kicked by a Viper....badly....and it gets about 19Mpg....a little bit less than the protege of power....unless im driving it at 150Mph constantly

and how much did it cost me to buy all this bad ass cars? .... $7400!!!! ( not counting repairs ... which to Protege needed alot seeing that it was previously owned by drunk drivers)

-Zerocontrol
            Anyone who wants to throw a 1st gen Protege my way, is welcome.
            <A HREF="http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11000">Listen to my Protege song or die.</A>

Comment

Right...

Comment

thats fukin impressive considering the henesee is pretty light, twin turbod, custome exhaust and is pushing sompin like 860 hp at the crank.
                According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
                  http://www.webcon.co.uk/alpha/caterham_jpe.htm

0-100-0 in a tad over 8 seconds. Viper what?

Okay. I was browsing late one night for some info on my bike ('90 Yamaha FZR1000), and I came across a site that was about a shop in Europe somewhere that took two genesis engines from the same kind of bike as mine and fabbed a bottom block and a custom crank (chain driven cams, the chain being in the middle of the crank).

What do you get when you take two 1002cc, 20-valve engines that redline at 11500 rpm and make a V8? A 2.0L 40-valve V8 that redlines at 11500, makes 161 ft-lbs@8500 and 331hp@11500 (I think it might have been 321hp). That's what. :evilgrin:

However, I haven't been able to find the site again.

Anyway, they put it in a similar looking car as the one in the link.
                  Oh... The torque is wicked. It would be 105 ft-lbs from 2k and rise to 161 up 8500.

I'm sure the custom work would cost an arm and a leg. :\
                  Last edited by zenilder; 02-09-2004, 05:27 PM.
                  Bryan
                  MOCC MEMBER

-"Mean people rule."

Originally posted by midnightblue97
                  Thought the oil pump was run off the timing belt??

Comment

Originally posted by zenilder
                    Okay. I was browsing late one night for some info on my bike ('90 Yamaha FZR1000), and I came across a site that was about a shop in Europe somewhere that took two genesis engines from the same kind of bike as mine and fabbed a bottom block and a custom crank (chain driven cams, the chain being in the middle of the crank).

What do you get when you take two 1002cc, 20-valve engines that redline at 11500 rpm and make a V8? A 2.0L 40-valve V8 that redlines at 11500, makes 161 ft-lbs@8500 and 331hp@11500 (I think it might have been 321hp). That's what. :evilgrin:

However, I haven't been able to find the site again.

Anyway, they put it in a similar looking car as the one in the link.
                    Oh... The torque is wicked. It would be 105 ft-lbs from 2k and rise to 161 up 8500.

I'm sure the custom work would cost an arm and a leg. :\
                    That's nothing. In one of last years editions of Racecar Engineering, they had a custom block mated to 2 Hyabusa heads. 2.6L of bike motor power. Rough Estimates put it conservativly in the 400 hp range. Oh, and the block was built to accept the oem sequential from the Hyabusa.
                    -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Originally posted by fuq_A_vtec
                      thats fukin impressive considering the henesee is pretty light, twin turbod, custome exhaust and is pushing sompin like 860 hp at the crank.
                      What part of a Viper is "pretty light"? Because I'm lost.
                      -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

maybe it was meant sarcastically

Comment

you mean its not,,,there was this old guy at a car show here that said it was, you know i dont have a ****ing scale in my front yard to double check this **** so i have to go on the word of owners, or.
                          According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

holup, let me get this straight 2800 pd mazdaspeed protege with what 170hp engine is light but 3400 pd viper isnt...ok i dont know what you guys are driving nowdays, maybe paper airplanes, but in my book, that isnt really a tank.
                            Last edited by Kelly; 02-10-2004, 07:49 AM.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

only 3400? That is damn light for a V10. I thought its weight was closer to 5k or so.

Comment

Originally posted by fuq_A_vtec
                                holup, let me get this straight 2800 pd mazdaspeed protege with what 170hp engine is light but 3400 pd viper isnt...ok i dont know what you guys are driving nowdays, maybe paper airplanes, but in my book, that isnt really a tank.

Proteges lack "lightness" as well. ESPECIALLY MSPs.... they're pigs.

"regular production cars" shouldn't surpass 3000 lbs. Sports cars should be lower... IMO

My idea of "light" is sub 1500 lbs.
                                -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Working...
                                X