Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From a 626 to a BG, what works?

Well in the uruguayan version of eBay (mercadolibre.com.uy) just poped this

a '95 Mazda 626, he guy says is a 2.0, so i think about a FSDE, right?, the engine and gearbox, is a drop in? or too much modification?

Also other things that might work? seats? door panels? etc?

Thanks in advance
    tRUFA

I'm from Uruguay, so my english might be wrong, any mistakes please, correct me

Not much will work. The FSDE would work with an exotic comboof stock mounts and axles but I don't know every part you need off the top of my head.
    "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
    *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
    172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
    New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

The mount situation is actually pretty easy. I have a passenger side mount that I made to put the 2.0L in a BG chassis. I can explain to you how to make it. It's very simple if you have a drill press and a welder. The front and rear stock mounts can be used, but you'll need to do a little slotting of the holes on the brackets or offsetting the mounts to make it work. That isn't a big deal. The driver side mount is easy, but you'll need to source a bracket from a late '90s Kia Sephia with the 1.8L. Of course I could sell you the mounts that I have, but I'm not sure shipping would be very cost effective. Proof that it works:

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

it wouldnt be worth the effort to install a FS really. its one of the weaker mazda 4 cyl really.

if your gonna swap, at least do it to something with some strength and potential.
        ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
        ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
        What are you driving?

Comment

Working...
        X