Robin Hood Rally Reality show.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robin Hood Rally Reality show.

This is a truly terrifying event marketing itself as a rally. The safety requirements are laughable, they quote that they are the same as an HPDE. The difference being that tracks have runoff points and tire walls, not trees, curbs, potholes, spectators, and buildings. It has no governing body (ie: RallyAmerica, SCCA, NASA, etc) to issue rules or requirements. No special licensing is needed, only a valid driver's license and a car. If you own a ZR-1 and think you can make it.. you can sign up pay the "deposit" to interview and race in this series with no previous track experience.

Quoted from the site's faq as no rulebook is available to non-competitors. A $1,000 non-refundable deposit (payment) is required for even an interview to potentially enter. And you have to sign a non-disclosure agreement.

Will drivers be require to have a helmet, race suit, gloves, suitable footwear, etc.?

Yes, a helmet with a Snell Rating is required, along with a suitable race suit, gloves, footwear, etc. Shorts, t-shirts, and flip flops are not suitable attire for participants.

Will my vehicle be required to be equipped with a safety cage, roll bar, or roll over protection?

No, if your vehicle is a factory non-retractable hard-top. Yes, if your vehicle is a convertible or a retractable hard-top. If you plan to participate in a convertible or retractable hard-top vehicle it will be required to have factory rollover protection or a roll bar.

Will my vehicle require restraints other than a stock three point safety belt?

No, as long as your vehicles OEM safety system has not been substantially modified, i.e. the airbag removed. If the OEM equipment has been substantially modified or removed, i.e. you took out the airbag or other OEM safety equipment and it is effectively a race/track car, then yes it will be required to have a racing harness or other suitable belts.

Will my vehicle be required to have other safety equipment like a fire extinguisher?

No, as long as your vehicles OEM safety system has not been substantially modified, i.e. the airbag or interior removed. If the OEM equipment has been substantially modified or removed, i.e. you took out the airbag, interior, or other OEM safety equipment and it is effectively a race/track car, then Yes it will be required to have a fire extinguisher.
    This is not a rally. It's a death wish. I sincerely hope the resulting injuries and potential deaths do not further hinder the autosports industries in the US. There's a group of like minded rallyists all over the country being very outspoken about these views. Hopefully we can either get this shut down or real safety requirements before there's anymore serious injuries.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
    1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
    1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
    1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
    1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Yeah Specialstage.com is in an uproar. This could make getting roads for real rallies even more difficult than it already is. They've had what, 2-3 major crashes already?
    '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
    '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Yeah.. 2 at least... a subie rolled pretty hard and the corvette that took out the M3... I think the Vette accident happened around the same roads as NEFR. You've read that one of the sponsors pulled out, but RHR refuses to take the name off the website? This is super fishy in general.

1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead

Comment

Originally posted by jay View Post
        Yeah Specialstage.com is in an uproar. This could make getting roads for real rallies even more difficult than it already is. They've had what, 2-3 major crashes already?
        that and all the FB status' keep changing to the anti RHR stuff lol.

Originally posted by 808 View Post
        You've read that one of the sponsors pulled out, but RHR refuses to take the name off the website?
        that right there is grounds for lawsuit. using their name without permission. sue em for all they got, including that Ferrari, Porsche, and the vette... hell i bet u could even get their steak knives
        1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
        Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
        "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

Well.. there's some legal push and shove going on about it right now.

Comment

Working...
          X