Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what did you do to your non-Protege today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

helped strip an S13 shell for Kyle from Drift Faction to pick up (he's the guy doing landscaping in the purple hatch above)

removed my oil pan and oil pump to discover my timing chain guide is broken, which is awesome.

also, broke a hood hinge in half, which is also awesome. god damn I hate Nissans.
    sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
    92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Lotus 7 / Mustang updates ;-)

Getting the Muscletang back on the road. Repaired engine and had transmission rebuilt.

New coil too

New 3000 RPM Convertor

New Headers

The Locost / Lotus got a roll cage.

Dominic Toretto rocks a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"

My Work Log:http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46003

sigpic

Comment

Bought a Garrett .60 trim turbo for the Datsun. Now I'm one step closer to going turbo

atomicEGT: should of bought a Datsun lol.

Comment

no thanks, I hate rust. besides, why would I want to pay way more money for a platform that needs more work to get to a point where my car is after like an afternoon of work?

test-fit the track spares, time to order 30mm spacers.

also installed one of those handbrake button things, because drift car.
          sigpic

Comment

Lol I only paid $250 for my 280Z, and it runs just fine s13s are nice because of the abundance of cheap parts.

Comment

insert nissan junk statement
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by mx-3_4evr View Post
                Lol I only paid $250 for my 280Z, and it runs just fine s13s are nice because of the abundance of cheap parts.
                anything that cheap around here is a rusted out shell.

I can throw coils + a welded diff in mine and go shred, an S30 needs a bit more than that.

Ryan, we get it, you hate Nissans, that **** is boring.
                sigpic

Comment

Talking about rust buckets, I need to fix:

-EVERY SINGLE PANEL!

With that said, welding challenge accepted!

Comment

Registered and cleaned up my new DD... 2004 honda civic, I got it cheap and only needs a few things... I might throw on my 7 spoke egt on it...
                    323 log-http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44611

Comment

Originally posted by mx-3_4evr View Post
                      Talking about rust buckets, I need to fix:

-EVERY SINGLE PANEL!

With that said, welding challenge accepted!
                      haha yea, see I'm not feeling that at all. I've got a spot in the rear floor where they always rust and the front frame rail sections need a little work but it's not that bad.
                      sigpic

Comment

Some how I'm fixing this.....

Comment

rivet in some street signs and call it a day.

====

Saturday we went to Opening Moves at Englishtown. **** was rad. rear bumper blew off in a massive dirt drop, front was eaten by going too low on the banking, had to stitch the driver's fender back together since it was cracked pretty badly when the front bumper came off. still, repairing fiberglass is way better than fixing mechanical bull**** like last season.

installed the new timing chain guide, oil pump/lower timing cover, water pump, and thermostat on my car yesterday, as well as re-installing the oil pump pickup and oil pan. with the exception of the water pump and t-stat, every single part of that sucked. if I ever have to replace a KA timing cover again I am going to pull the motor and set the ****ing thing on fire.

going back to work on it today- finish putting the motor back together, re-install the radiator, install the new stainless brake lines, and hopefully get it to the point where all that's left is fluids and a little bit of wiring.

or, knowing this car, I'll break something else and lose all motivation to work on it for a few weeks.
                          sigpic

Comment

since i don't own anything non-BG
                            Ordered up some new engine mount bushings for my "scoot" - need to sort out a decent muffler for it yet & give it a re-tune.
                            Id like to have some reliable back-up transportation until the 323 can be on the road again.
                            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

motor's back together, not much longer before I can do burnouts.

pretty stoked.
                              sigpic

Comment

reinstalled the brake lines/tank purge line and the brackets for the radiator.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X