Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what did you do to your non-Protege today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ka > sr

Comment

that's a pretty bold statement.
      sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
      92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	335.5 KB
ID:	1240896
          sigpic

Comment

lol that picture is way bigger than it looked on my phone

fixed cylinder 1 misfire issue, found a coolant leak, figured out why the wastegate isn't opening. fixing the last two and some exhaust leaks tomorrow and then going to do burnouts.
            sigpic

Comment

fixed the coolant leak, broken turbine outlet stud, and some exhaust leaks, as well as adding a vacuum block for a solid wastegate signal.
              sigpic

Comment

Wastegate shouldn't see vacuum. If you're referencing wastegate post throttle body, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

oh, I am dumb then. why not?
                  sigpic

Comment

not like it matters, I went to go actually drive the car today and see what new bugs I need to fix, and it doesn't ****ing start.

I'm going to set myself on fire.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm pretty sure you'd regret that in the morning. I'd advise you to rethink the self-immolation strategy.
                      1990 Protege 4WD
                      GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
                      ├┼┤
                      2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Originally posted by concealer404 View Post
                        Wastegate shouldn't see vacuum. If you're referencing wastegate post throttle body, you're doing it wrong.
                        thats total & utter bull****!!!!

where did you pull this **** info from??
                        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I have legit never heard that before. SR gets wastegate signal from a nipple just under the TB, and I used one from the intake manifold when I had my EGT turbo, no real issues (after I went to an external gate anyway, since IHI internals are the worst **** ever)
                          sigpic

Comment

the most accurate signal to the wastegate should come from the intake manifold. (representing the pressure the valves are seeing)
                            coming off the turbo per instance shows you the outlet pressure, & doesn't reflect what the motor is actually getting after pressure losses/etc. (not to mention the vacuum level is improper)

vacuum actually assists the wastegate in sealing---- so tell me how thats a bad or improper idea????

OEM keeps the length short for the sake of saving manufacturing costs/ materials & because its easy. not because its accurate.
                            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

look all I care about is that the wastegate opens at 10-12psi in first and 7 in second+

turns out the fuel pump was dead. car runs again, overheated before I made it down the street. lololol **** my life
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                                thats total & utter bull****!!!!

where did you pull this **** info from??
                                U srs? This has been debated and explained for.... years. Decade? Long time. Vacuum to gates isn't great. The worst part is the "infinite boost" situation your turbo can see as you're inadvertently manipulating the "signal" to the wastegate with your right foot.

The correct location is between intercooler and throttle body. You get the response of referencing from compressor(ish) and account for pressure drop across core.

DIY Turbo Discussion - Boost sag? No, you don't need EBC. - This topic has been coming up every now and then. Specifically, a lot of folks seem to be having boost curves that look like this, and perceive it as justification for the fact that their manual boost controller just isn't cutting it, and they need to go out...

DIY Turbo Discussion - Suppose I was fed up with the boost drop off... - Right now I have to spike to 12 psi for it to settle to hold 10 psi above 5.5k rpm. Greddy 15G, stock wastegate, ebay ball and spring MBC. Basically this is an issue of too weak of a wastegate right? Let's say I want quick spool up and then for...
                                Last edited by concealer404; 04-10-2015, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X