Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what did you do to your non-Protege today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mine rules, that's all I care about, haha

the only way that the Mirage, Versa, Rio, etc make any sense to me is that the people buying them are afraid of used cars and have like zero money. for the price of one of those crapcans you could get something legitimately nice that's somewhat older, or a lightly used version of something nicer. so bizarre to me.
    sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
    92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Buddy of mine traded in his 2010 Mini Cooper S for a 2015 Versa S Sedan. 5spd, manual windows, manual mirrors, manual locks.

He couldn't be happier with his choice.

Comment

reading all of that thread made me miss my PGT, very slightly. that car sucked.

ETA: your buddy is a weird man. I can't think of anything new I like less than the Versa. I'd even take a Yaris over that.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by atomicEGT View Post
          reading all of that thread made me miss my PGT, very slightly. that car sucked.

ETA: your buddy is a weird man. I can't think of anything new I like less than the Versa. I'd even take a Yaris over that.
          Wife wants a 1st gen Yaris hatch. I feel like as long as her standards are that low, i should indulge them.

Comment

Yaris feels like it would be fun to drive above its limits. I dunno that I'd buy one though.
            sigpic

Comment

She just wants one because they're super cute.

However, she also enjoys driving the **** out of a sports car, so i'm not sure she really understands what she wants.

Comment

get her a bugeye Sprite, they're way cuter
                sigpic

Comment

finally got back to work on the Miata, finished it up and thrashed it a bit.

time to sell my 240.
                  sigpic

Comment

I drove my non-protege, cuz that ain't never gettin' old. As requested, finally found a somewhat decent way to catch audio of glorious V8 noises at my local closed section of tarmac. I made no attempt to actually launch the car, so massive wheelspin costing much 0-60 time even with the traction control nannies but who cares; the noise is the thing here.

'90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
                    '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
                    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

yesssssssss
                      sigpic

Comment

ziptied my downpipe back together, as you do
                        sigpic

Comment

Pictures of said fix?
                          1990 Protege 4WD
                          GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
                          ├┼┤
                          2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

I'll post one of that and of the destruction when I fix it for real (probably tomorrow).

nuts and studs from the O2 housing to downpipe rattled themselves loose- all three bolts are gone and so are two of the studs. drove it for a few miles trailing sparks, I'm sure it did wonders for the flex pipe.
                            sigpic

Comment

Meh. Just shined it up nice. purdy.
                              '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
                              '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
                              http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
                              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	zipties.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	1241042

Click image for larger version

Name:	flex pipe.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	177.3 KB
ID:	1241043
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X