Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what did you do to your non-Protege today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by me109 View Post
    Just installed a non-broken taillight cluster on the right side of the Volvo. And much more importantly, finally removed the sadistic key chime from under the dash! I breathe a sigh of relief every time I think about it not being there anymore.

Comment

1990 Protege 4WD
      GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
      ├┼┤
      2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

replaced the coolant tank and the inner fender liner that was destroyed on my way back from Atlanta somehow

also installed the clamps on the exhaust and did a leak/bolt check
        sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
        92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Bypassed the heater core on the Volvo. Engine temps are back under control.
          1990 Protege 4WD
          GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
          ├┼┤
          2 4 R

Comment

Ordered an anti-torsion engine mount for the Volvo from STS Machining. Can't wait to get that installed. Also ordered a couple of normal poly mounts for it, and a set of new rear E-brake cables for the 323.
            1990 Protege 4WD

1 3 5
            ├┼┤
            2 4 R

Comment

a whole pile of work on my isuzu npr during the last week. custom fabbing parts to make an old truck 5speed after a failed auto trans
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Torque mount installed on the Volvo yesterday. Made a huge difference to the way the car feels. Hard to pin down though. Feels smoother and tighter. And my shifter stays in the same place now regardless of throttle position.
                1990 Protege 4WD

1 3 5
                ├┼┤
                2 4 R

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	grimy accord.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	338.6 KB
ID:	1245913

i still have this dumb piece of ****

also i've driven it maybe 6 times since march because i work from home now so it just sits on the street getting covered with pollen and leaves, it's extremely gross and i don't bother washing it
                  sigpic

Comment

Replaced forward torque rod bolts on the Volvo rear axle. One was missing and the other had no threads left.
                    1990 Protege 4WD

1 3 5
                    ├┼┤
                    2 4 R

Comment

Drove the Z3.

It's my daily driver (not that I drive every day), while the Mazda is in pieces. But that should change soon enough, the engine is supposed to go in this weekend.

And speaking of which, I need to sort through everything and update that thread.
                      '87 Mazda 323 SL - daily driver, backup show car (being restored as I get time)
                      '82 BMW 518i (E12/8) with 32/34 Weber and Simota cone - old show car (stolen)
                      '70 VW 411L Auto - show/restoration project to replace 518i - sold
                      '99 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster - show project

Comment

Started working on a custom intake box for the Z3. It's going to be painted to match the engine bay, with a window on top to show the filter.

Name:	20201021_183813.jpg
Size:	374.9 KB
ID:	1245931

This is how the filter will sit in the engine bay, enclosed in the box that I'm building now.

Name:	IMG_2342.jpg
Size:	363.8 KB
ID:	1245932

Comment

Painted the custom intake box for my Z3. Unfortunately the spray gun clogged, so I couldn't get a wet enough coat and it splattered a bit. But I couldn't redo it because our Eskom power was off almost the whole day, it was too cloudy to keep using the compressor, and I have a show coming up this weekend.

Name:	IMG-20201104-WA0016.jpg
Size:	364.7 KB
ID:	1245933
                          I'll smooth it out tomorrow, and see if I can do something to lessen the tiger stripes. But they'll probably have to stay there until I get a chance to redo it. And then I'll ceramic coat it, which will also change the shade a bit (hopefully it ends up closer to the rest, but I doubt it). And then I'll clean everything for the show, and stick that loose corner on with a bit of RTV for the time being.

When I get the time I'll repaint it properly (then it should be a much better match), put a window in that hole and do a bit more work on the fasteners.

Comment

thats fantastic work. it looks very nice in my opinion!
                            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

i put the new registration sticker on the plate and a new air freshener in it. car hasn't moved in maybe a month and a half.

assetto corsa > real cars
                              sigpic

Comment

I hope that's not a liquid air freshener. There are plenty of horror stories out there of those things leaking and destroying interior plastics...

Comment

Working...
                                X