Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what did you do to your non-Protege today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok. That sucks even more.

Unfortunately the insurance companies have the legal system on their side, so that complicates things. Even if the other driver was at fault, if your car's driver didn't have a license then the car was being driven illegally. And that means they'll almost certainly get away without paying.
    '87 Mazda 323 SL - daily driver, backup show car (being restored as I get time)
    '82 BMW 518i (E12/8) with 32/34 Weber and Simota cone - old show car (stolen)
    '70 VW 411L Auto - show/restoration project to replace 518i - sold
    '99 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster - show project

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	192.8 KB
ID:	1246000

got it running again for the first time in a year and a half. added an oil cooler and changed the oil for the first time in... six years.

took it for a test drive and the speedo broke, so there's a new bug to work out
      sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
      92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Had some wires melt running full current in my diesel work truck, started a fire left side of the engine. Thank god for having a fire extinguisher...
        Back to the drawing board for the wiring mess.
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by atomicEGT View Post

got it running again for the first time in a year and a half. added an oil cooler and changed the oil for the first time in... six years.

took it for a test drive and the speedo broke, so there's a new bug to work out
          Congrats. Wish I could be making that kind of progress. One day they will all be finished, right?

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
          Had some wires melt running full current in my diesel work truck, started a fire left side of the engine. Thank god for having a fire extinguisher...
          Back to the drawing board for the wiring mess.
          Exciting. Glad you had the extinguisher.
          1990 Protege 4WD
          GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
          ├┼┤
          2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

speedo is still broken; could be the vss or the speedometer itself and neither is especially cheap to replace so i've just been sticking my phone in the cluster and using waze

we welded in new frame rails yesterday, and i picked up a new battery today so i don't have to jump start it every time the engine stops. next up is adding seam sealer to the rails and undercoating them, and i might install the bee*r limiter tomorrow so i can be a hooligan for the last few days i'm in town...
            sigpic

Comment

back to florida, so any work on the 240 will be done by a friend until the next time i'm in town. put the bee*r in it and made cool gunfire noises, a+ highly recommend

tried to take the accord to the store the other day and couldn't get it out of 1st, then couldn't get it into reverse. checked the clutch reservoir and it was completely empty lmao

refilled it and the car drives okay so i'm just going to keep an eye on it for now
              sigpic

Comment

Got the headlights working again in the 240. Little wire braid in the dimmer relay burned or broke off its contact. Can't reach it with a soldering iron, so I swapped the whole unit for a spare I had.

I don't like having two relays in series for both headlights. I should wire in parallel relays for each side one day. And maybe think about a switched bypass for the dimmer.

Learned the headlight circuit is not fused. That's weird.
                1990 Protege 4WD
                GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
                ├┼┤
                2 4 R

Comment

Collected it from the paint shop, after getting a full panel-off respray done.

Name:	20220208-164657-EDIT.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	345.6 KB
ID:	1406175

Name:	20220208-183911.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	202.0 KB
ID:	1406176

Name:	20220208-183919.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	190.6 KB
ID:	1406177

Name:	20220208_183941.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	229.7 KB
ID:	1406178
                  '87 Mazda 323 SL - daily driver, backup show car (being restored as I get time)
                  '82 BMW 518i (E12/8) with 32/34 Weber and Simota cone - old show car (stolen)
                  '70 VW 411L Auto - show/restoration project to replace 518i - sold
                  '99 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster - show project

Comment

Just lost a day and a hundred dollars waiting on brake pads for the Volvo because Wagner decided to sleep on a next-day order for 26 hours. Found another place can get me what I need tomorrow morning instead of waiting until 14.00, but I needed to have this done today and be somewhere tomorrow. I'm a bit upset about it. And I have nothing to do now except bitch about my problems on the internet.
                    1990 Protege 4WD

1 3 5
                    ├┼┤
                    2 4 R

Comment

haven't posted here in a minute lol
                      -blew up the 240 taking it to work (pretty sure it cooked a ring land), engine #4 is waiting in my garage
                      -bought and then sold a 97 civic
                      -accord is in the Shame Corner for a recurring vtec control solenoid issue
                      -bought a mini cooper s, it rules
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X