No announcement yet.

RX-8 or G35 coupe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd take the RX8. Both are extremely nice cars, but I'm placing my bets on the RX8 for being a better driving machine. There's nothing like the noise of a rotary. *drools*
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

clint what do you know about rotary car

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

Depends on what your parents are looking for. If the price is a decision factor, then RX-8 is the choice. Both cars are just as fast, and as good looking. That aside, your parents would get much better service and luxury from G35.
        "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

I'd go with the G35.......
          -------------------------
          '91 LX
          '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
          -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
          well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

I'd take the RX-8; in my book, it just looks cooler. Are they planning on taking it to the track? If not, why worry about a .3 sec difference that can be overcome with minor mods?
            ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

i bet most of you that said G35 probably haven't driven a rotary car ever

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

Originally posted by ziaplayboy
                the G35 is what i would chose
                oh yeah according to motortrend
                the G35 Sport Coupe ran a 14.2 @ 99.4
                the RX 8 14.5 @ 95.5
                so the G35 is faster stock and i would pick it hands down
                with a RX 8 looking at my plates

How would the RX-8 be lookin at your plates if its only slower by 0.3s????????
                Have you considered a race with turns, because the RX-8 definetly has better handling.

I choose RX-8.

Comment

Originally posted by ZoomZoomH
                  i bet most of you that said G35 probably haven't driven a rotary car ever
                  Well, duh. Of all the engines out there, rotaries make up a very small percentage, so most of us have not driven a rotary engine.
                  "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

The G35 all the way. Figure his parents aren't racing from stop light to light. The G35 would be a much more mature and sexier car. I know the rx8 is sexy also and nimble, but sorry it just doesn't have that sexy appeal that the G35 has.
                    Add some sexy chrome rims and it's a wrap.
                    However I would not purchase the car in black, not sure about white, but I know either blue would be my first color and grey my 2nd.
                    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Its hard to find a mechanic who knows how to work on a rotary. It's fine when it's under warranty because you'll be going to the dealership anyways, but after that, it may not be worth it. Of course, since when was being practical fun, right?

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                        Figure his parents aren't racing from stop light to light.
                        the RX-8 is NOT a drag racing car

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

I think I would still rather the G35.. We all know the aftermarket for a G35 will be much much much hence 3x better than that of a rx-8.
                          So this means.
                          You should have no problem getting a turbo kit.
                          You should have no problem finding trick body kit parts.
                          You should have no problems finding ecu upgrades.
                          You should have no problem with the aftermarket.

I love the rx-8 it looks nice, but after that I can't tell you I would want to own one. Know if we were talking about a 1st 2nd or 3rd gen. well .. that's a different story. Those are sweet (every aspect) cars.
                          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

sigh, bruce i think you will change your opinion after you drive one.

go to the Rev It Up at Shea and test drive one, hopefully you'll understand why i'm such a fan of the RX-8

the way it drives makes up A LOT for its few shortcomings.

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

thanks for all the input folks... I think that to all of what was said here I am going to go down and drive them both myself as well.
                              --JJB--
                              '02 Silver Protegé5 - 5sp - no performance mods, no plans for them
                              Kenwood Z919 -- Polk Audio speakers
                              16" alloys w/ 205/50 Bridgestone RE750 (summer)
                              15" steels w/ 195/55 Bridgestone Blizzak LM22 (winter)

Moon roof - wind deflector - variable intermittent wipers - electrochromic mirror w/ temp & compass
                              Winter/beater car: 1997 Mercury Mountaineer with 182k on it

Comment

My friend has an RX-8, great car, I love it. Handles awesome, it's quick, and so pretty. But if I were your parents there is no way I'd get an RX-8, for no other reason than gas mileage. My friend has gotten a best of 16mpg as of today, he's had the car since november, I think. He usually gets around 13-14mpg I believe.

The RX8 is awesome, but the G35 would probably suit your parents better (a little more luxurious/posh)
                                Dan
                                dreesemonkey

Comment

Working...
                                X