No announcement yet.

RX-8 or G35 coupe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tell him to get his ECU reflashed to the latest program, supposedly it fixes a lot of the gas mileage problem.

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

i have the next to latest ecu flash. it has nothing to do with gas mileage just smoothing powerband. the latest flash i don't have because i've had no flooding problems. so no the latest ecu flash will not fix the mileage.

Comment

Originally posted by rotary_genesis
        i have the next to latest ecu flash. it has nothing to do with gas mileage just smoothing powerband. the latest flash i don't have because i've had no flooding problems. so no the latest ecu flash will not fix the mileage.
        Ahhhh jeez, now I got him all riled up
        Dan
        dreesemonkey

Comment

that your friend dan??

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

wow! didn't know they only got 17 or so mpg ... for gods sake. Is that normal?

I like the rx-8 don't get me wrong, I do. It just doesn't grab me as much as the 1st 2nd and 3rd gen's do.

However I think the rx-8 is one sexy ass car with the full kit. I have a few pics of one that was at englishtown this weekend.
            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Well, I will put in my 2 cents.

I love the Wankel, and the new design of the rx8 as far as it relates to the twisties is Grrrrr8 as Tony would say.

Ask yourself these questions.

Are there many curves near where I live?
              Am I very fat?
              What kind of ride am I looking for?

I am about to purchase a G35 Sedan for my wife. I know it is not the same cause it is a sedan.

My decision comes down to this.

Owned Infiniti before, Very happy with product and service.
              I think they would get better service with Infiniti.

Ford has screwed Mazda's reputation all to h*** with their crap transmissions and other parts.

Mazda dealerships won't give you the same level of service as an Infiniti dealer.
              (I said it twice, lol it must be true)
              G32 is more comfortable on long drives. (opinion)

Plus the most important reason.

My wife told me what she wanted.

End of story.

I would choose the G35 "sedan", basically same performance, I think it looks better than the coupe, (what's up with those tail lights?), more utility.

blah blah blah.....
              David Page aka cablemirc is a sorry a$$ motherfunkin thief
              He owes me $800.00 for leather seats he never delivered.
              He doesn't even have enough honor to stay in touch.
              If anyone knows how to contact him please let me know. clubprotege [at] evanjhoush [dot] com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                wow! didn't know they only got 17 or so mpg ... for gods sake. Is that normal?
                yes the Wankels are thirsty little buggers

the highest mpg i've ever got on my RX-7 is like 20mpg, and that's on an all-long-highway-roadtrip tank.

in mixed driving I get 17-19 depending on traffic and weather (use of A/C = decreased MPG)

but like i said before, the way a rotary car drives more than makes up for that not-so-frugal gas mileage

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

Yea, that's my friend. I told him about the thread, so he had to register
                  Dan
                  dreesemonkey

Comment

heh cool, now your friend can personally testify how awesome the car drives, gas mileage be damned

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

Originally posted by ZoomZoomH
                      heh cool, now your friend can personally testify how awesome the car drives, gas mileage be damned

Yes I will admit that the car is a hell of a lot of fun to drive, and honestly the only other car that I would consider in it's class would be the S2000. I've always had a thing for those cars but I'm happy with mine. Not to mention that a ragtop, 2-seater doesn't make for a very practical daily driver.

I've never driven a G35 but I do think they look nice. I would hope it's a bit better than the Z because I was left very dissappointed with that. It's fast and and would kill my car from a stop just because the thing is soo easy to launch (not to mention low end torque is definitely a help), but honestly that's the only thing that impressed me. It's a $30K+ car with a $15k interior. From what I hear the G is better but not by a lot. Ride quality SUCKS, it's noisy, and there is damn near ZERO visibility in it.

Just my .02 take it for what it's worth. Best thing that can be said is drive them both and see. But the 8 is definitely cheaper as well, Fully loaded it sits where the G starts at.

Comment

id take Rx-8 because rotaries are cooler.....adn the rx8 will get more heads turning...b/c i see g35's and 350's around aot.

Comment

Originally posted by jitb37
                          id take Rx-8 because rotaries are cooler.....adn the rx8 will get more heads turning...b/c i see g35's and 350's around aot.
                          I think the G35 is going to turn more heads. It's a bigger, more luxurious, classier car...

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
                            I think the G35 is going to turn more heads. It's a bigger, more luxurious, classier car...
                            bigger, more luxurious, classier yet way more subtle than an rx-8. You definately notice an rx-8 pulling up beside you because they're so unique looking. G35 would not turn more heads, IMO
                            Dan
                            dreesemonkey

Comment

yea...Rx-8's are unique, i see them but not too often. I see tons and tons of 350's runnin around...and a couple of G35's in the city, but non never tuned or modified. Iwish i could afford any one of them......

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback here. The issue has been decided and she now has a nice new G-35 coupe. Endep up with an auto tranny (her choice) but it seems to be the car that fits her needs better (daily driver). I had a chance to drive both here at dealerships and I have to say that while the RX-8 was a lot of fun to drive the G-35 (6sp in this case) was also a whole bunch o' fun... man that thing has some low end torque on it, it just pulls in any gear! I would have had a hard choice to make if it had been up to me... in the end I would have probably gone with an RX just because it is a Mazda and they are not as common.... but then all that pull in the G35.... hmmm.....
                                --JJB--
                                '02 Silver Protegé5 - 5sp - no performance mods, no plans for them
                                Kenwood Z919 -- Polk Audio speakers
                                16" alloys w/ 205/50 Bridgestone RE750 (summer)
                                15" steels w/ 195/55 Bridgestone Blizzak LM22 (winter)

Moon roof - wind deflector - variable intermittent wipers - electrochromic mirror w/ temp & compass
                                Winter/beater car: 1997 Mercury Mountaineer with 182k on it

Comment

Working...
                                X