Newbie award of the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuq_A_vtec
    you have to drill a hole in the side of the block so that you can shoot nitrous straight into the cylinder. the nozzle has to be at exactly a 73 degree angle up, to get maximum cyliner cooling. i also suggest coating you cylinder walls with ky jelly for added protection against breakage due to extreme horsepower gains.
    H'mm, now I'm really confused. My tuner told me that I have to drill 4 holes, one into each combustion chamber, to provide direct injection of the Nitrous. He agrees with you about the K-Y jelly but says that it should also be injected along with the Nitrous instead of smearing it on the cylinder walls. I guess there's more to this than I originally thought. I'd better wait for more information before I proceed.
    02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
    MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
    MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
    Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
    MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
    Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
    Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
    Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
    Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
    Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
    Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
    Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
    Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

i could see why you would want to inject the ky along with the juice, I would think that it would keep a constant flow of ky and keep it and from crusting up, minimizing your compression and eventually lowering your fuel mileage.
      According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

ive heard however that by doing this you must tune the nozzle angle down to approx 64 degrees for maximum KY flow. I would also suggest maybe drilling another hole per cylinder and fabricate some sort of "flow recycling" system so that you can keep your fresh KY flowing. We all know that Fresh KY = more horspower...period.
        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by fuq_A_vtec
          i could see why you would want to inject the ky along with the juice, I would think that it would keep a constant flow of ky and keep it and from crusting up, minimizing your compression and eventually lowering your fuel mileage.
          Exactly what my tuner says. He also recommends the 64 degree angle to maximize the K-Y flow. As you state, a constant flow of fresh K-Y is essential to maximize HP as well as thrust. It looks like I can go ahead with the installation now once I find out where to buy K-Y tanks. Thanks for your advice and suggestions. Once again, you've demonstrated how useful and important the Forum is to those of us who modify our cars.

02 Dx Millenium Red
          02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
          MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
          MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
          Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
          MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
          Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
          Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
          Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
          Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
          Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
          Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
          Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
          Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

It's easy to seal up a leak like that. All you need is the handyman's secret weapon:

~Mark.
            2002 Protege DX 5 speed, "Kenmore White," well-loved and a little over half paid-for

Comment

Makes this guy look like a genius.

And you guys need to stop with that KY **** before some other brite boy takes you seriously and ****s up his car.

Comment

Can't wait till that thread hits the bigtime.
                Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Oh lord, another finalist:
                  Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

^^^ wonder how he got it up there in the first place?

Comment

must've been an out of control civic coming at him. . .

Comment

so the nitrous doesn't go in the fuel tank?!?!! hrm so where does the NOS octanebooster go? Right into the throttle body of course! I feel like a moron.
                        00 dakota 4x4
                        90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

yeah but it has to be routed up through the intake and shoot straight into the throttle body. That way you get max octane boost.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Ok, so funny nitrous story, a friend of mine has a civic EX, and today he said he's pushing 190 hp. I looked at him, and told him that he wasn't unless he's hiding a turbo under there. Then he proceeded to inform me that the nitrous gives him 190. I started laughing, and explained that just because you have a 75 shot of nitrous, does not mean you're driving around w/ 190 hp, unless he's using the nitrous all the time, in which case his engine would prolly blow in about half an hour.

Comment

Dumb Ass
                              Dumb Ass
                              Dumb Ass
                              Lol
                              Lol
                              Lol

Mods :

Racing Beats Springs...Racing beat Exhast (catback)...Boston Accoustics...50% tint all over ...Piaa superwhite fog lights...blue neon under seats... mesh grill (looks good, see for your self)...6cd OEM changer...blue engine loom in engine...clear corner turn signals...Kenwood amp(600W)

My car gallery

My car in silver

CRV.... Sold....sniff, sniff

Comment

Working...
                              X