No announcement yet.

Why does everyone hate ondas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must be jealousy of not having a distributor cap for us 3rd gen'rs . Makes things so much easier!!!

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by XLerate93
      wow, i feel the love
      SHut up you bunghole Honda driver!! :p:
      2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
      KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
      Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
      Groundkit

Comment

you cant hide yuor feelings, express them

you love the hondas admit it

Comment

Well, I have been entering the sweepstakes at Import Tuner a lot lately. Who wouldn't want a decked out Civic SI with boost, aftermarket seats, suspension, kick ass rims, and nice rubber on them. I can't wait until the next phases, car audio and I believe turbo. I guess I better see what is next and while there, enter again!:p: You can enter daily.
          2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
          KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
          Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
          Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by XLerate93
            you cant hide yuor feelings, express them

you love the hondas admit it
            We love every Honda except the crappy as Del SOL

yup hate that car
            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

lets compare the average honda tuner to an average protege tuner. i have nothing against a boosted civic. it think that is cool. but the average civic "tuner" is not all that smart. i mean all they have to do is bolt on. And it becomes a big brandname fight. Now there are some civic tuner that are master mech's and have forgotten more about cars then i'll ever know.

the average protege "tuner", well we have little or no aftermarket. we have to find stuff that "works" or have someone go out design, test, tweak, test, tweak, test, then sell the product. by the time that is done you now know why is is designed like it is.

i find people who have to go custom usually know more about their car than the bolt-on tuners. i guess that is one of the reasons why i have grown jaded to the honda.
              When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
              Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
              Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
              So his engine he goosed
              With much too much boost,
              And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Originally posted by Protoss
                lets compare the average honda tuner to an average protege tuner. i have nothing against a boosted civic. it think that is cool. but the average civic "tuner" is not all that smart. i mean all they have to do is bolt on. And it becomes a big brandname fight. Now there are some civic tuner that are master mech's and have forgotten more about cars then i'll ever know.

Umm, you may want to revaluate the average Protege tuner. Ever since the 3rd gens came out, the *quality* has fallen off.

Bigger market = more morons.
                "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                -93 MR2, 129 ES
                ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

the average protege "tuner", well we have little or no aftermarket. we have to find stuff that "works" or have someone go out design, test, tweak, test, tweak, test, then sell the product. by the time that is done you now know why is is designed like it is.

i find people who have to go custom usually know more about their car than the bolt-on tuners. i guess that is one of the reasons why i have grown jaded to the honda.
                  I can't say I agree with you, because there are tons of aftermarket tuners who know what they are doing . The funny thing is most of them are regular guys like you and I . If you read Sport Compact Car you can see many of their cars featured. But then there are guys who don't get featured who know their crap.

If I was to comment on Honda guys . I would say a majority of them know what they are doing and have a working knowledge of what there motors are doing and are capable of.

As for our own Protege Owners. I feal that some of the protege owners understand and have a full working knowldege of there motor's. I know I have a better understanding of under the hood of my car after doing my motor swap. But when I go to miata.net and read in the forums, I love to soak up the technical posts. I mean the miata guys I have to give it to them. When it comes to having a full working knowledge of the entire car, from engine to suspension. I have to complement them. I have learned quite a bit over there and even here with some of the techy posts that are posted here.

I really like the Mazdaspeed though. The engine I think is just to finiky, but I know that there are some tuners out there,--KWIKSTI--- that know there stuff. Some of the other guys, I am not sure off. But then if I had that car and was dishing out the cash they say they dish out. I don't think I could afford mods.
                  oh well
                  my 3 cents... as my 2 cents is in the above post
                  photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                    I can't say I agree with you, because there are tons of aftermarket tuners who know what they are doing . The funny thing is most of them are regular guys like you and I . If you read Sport Compact Car you can see many of their cars featured. But then there are guys who don't get featured who know their crap.

If I was to comment on Honda guys . I would say a majority of them know what they are doing and have a working knowledge of what there motors are doing and are capable of.

As for our own Protege Owners. I feal that some of the protege owners understand and have a full working knowldege of there motor's. I know I have a better understanding of under the hood of my car after doing my motor swap. But when I go to miata.net and read in the forums, I love to soak up the technical posts. I mean the miata guys I have to give it to them. When it comes to having a full working knowledge of the entire car, from engine to suspension. I have to complement them. I have learned quite a bit over there and even here with some of the techy posts that are posted here.

I really like the Mazdaspeed though. The engine I think is just to finiky, but I know that there are some tuners out there,--KWIKSTI--- that know there stuff. Some of the other guys, I am not sure off. But then if I had that car and was dishing out the cash they say they dish out. I don't think I could afford mods.
                    oh well
                    my 3 cents... as my 2 cents is in the above post
                    point. and like jessesaid (pun) bigger aftermarket more morons. I forgot about 3rd Gens...

i've learned alot from this fourm and others. yes there are a lot of people out there that know what they are talking about. most of the civc people i have come into contact with are dumber than bricks! "hooked up rides" driven by dumb highschool students.

while on the topic of civic's is there an SOHC vtec engine?
                    When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                    Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                    Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                    So his engine he goosed
                    With much too much boost,
                    And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

It used to be Cragars and a Holley carb on a Nova or Camaro, now it's a fartcan and a body-kit on a Civic. There will always be those who think they're "hooking up" a car by filling out a mail-order form. Just ignore them.
                      ~Mark.
                      2002 Protege DX 5 speed, "Kenmore White," well-loved and a little over half paid-for

Comment

while on the topic of civic's is there an SOHC vtec engine?
                        yes, D16 that powered the 92-00 Civic Si and EX

There was also the HX that had the fuel mileage version of Vtec.
                        "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                        -93 MR2, 129 ES
                        ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                        Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark 02dx
                          It used to be Cragars and a Holley carb on a Nova or Camaro, now it's a fartcan and a body-kit on a Civic.
                          Yes, but what about the Eldebrock high-rise intake and Tri-Y headers?

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
                            yes, D16 that powered the 92-00 Civic Si and EX

There was also the HX that had the fuel mileage version of Vtec.
                            yeah the power had like a 2hp difference when the obd's switched in 96 but all had the same basic d16 block (either y or z)

the hx had E-VTEC, it had like 90 hp but beautiful gas milage

Comment

2 many hondas on the street

I picked a protege because I wanted something other than a honda.I see hondas with weedwacker exhausts everywhere I look.Every now and then I see a nice one but most are totally gay looking and sounding.Spoiled little kids that don't know **** about building a car.I don't hate hondas I just like to be different.

Comment

Working...
                              X