No announcement yet.

Whats your Occupation??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember Dumb and Dumber, the bus full of Playboy playmates were looking for two guys to oil them up for photo shoots? Well, guess what?!?!?!!?! I do not do that
    2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
    KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
    Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
    Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by ne3ek
      customer service at a grocery store, yep
      dammit ur higher than me im a Bag boy at a grovery store named Publix lol just a job durin collage

Laser Blue Mp5 03.5
      mods:
      --Ms Axle back EXHAUST
      --Injen Intake (color Blue)
      --Thumpity Thump In the Trunkity Trunk

Comment

graphic/web designer - marketing promotions designer and freelance slacker.
        -tony

Comment

RF (radio frequency) design engineer at a small(ish) company. I get to make the wireless parts of the product work
          --JJB--
          '02 Silver Protegé5 - 5sp - no performance mods, no plans for them
          Kenwood Z919 -- Polk Audio speakers
          16" alloys w/ 205/50 Bridgestone RE750 (summer)
          15" steels w/ 195/55 Bridgestone Blizzak LM22 (winter)

Moon roof - wind deflector - variable intermittent wipers - electrochromic mirror w/ temp & compass
          Winter/beater car: 1997 Mercury Mountaineer with 182k on it

Comment

Test/Automation engineer for a telecommunications company.

Comment

I sell upscale homes for a prominent state-wide builder.
              Scott
              '94 Protege LX - gone, but not forgotten
              '96 Volvo 854T Platinum Limited Edition
              '98 Volvo V70 T5
              '03 Mazda MPV GFX

Comment

One of My Two Best Summer Jobs

When I was in college, I used to enjoy working outdoors in the Summer. I found a great job working as a professional Village Idiot in various New England towns. Many small towns in rural areas have found that they can increase the number of people who visit them by employing a village idiot. As you may know, scientific studies have demonstrated that a town can increase its tourism rates by 25 to 33% when it's known that a village idiot resides there.

The clothing requirements are minimal. Basically, all you need is a pair of red suspenders and an Appalachian Mountain (Hillbilly) hat. The job mainly consists of sitting on a wooden fence or a stone wall located along the main road leading into town. When an out-of-state car approaches, you adopt a vacant grin, say yuuuuk and fall over backwards off the fence. Of course, there is a pile of hay hidden behind the fence that you fall onto so as not to hurt your back. As you can see, with enough traffic, the job can get strenuous.

If the people in the car laugh and point at you, it signifies you've done a good job. The visitors will then be motivated to stop in the town to find out more about the village idiot they just saw and spend their money. They will also likely want to tell their friends who will themselves want to visit and see the 'idiot' for themselves. It's extremely gratifying to have a job where you are able to make people laugh, make people feel superior to you and, in general, make them feel good about themselves because they're not idiots. It's also a good feeling to know you're helping the local economy of the town you work for. That's why the local Chamber of Commerce is happy to pay the salary of the village idiot.

We Village Idiots have a professional association- The Village Idiots Guild. It runs a training school where you learn such things as proper vacuous facial expressions, how to be a believable imbecile and even how to drool realistically when the occasion calls for a dramatic statement.

When your shift is over, you can expect a great social life since the townspeople are very friendly to, and appreciative of, a good village idiot because of all the benefits he can bring to a town. When I was single, I would meet a lot of interested women because of my minor celebrity. Surprisingly, most women told me they didn't see much difference between the average man and a village idiot anyway. Additional benefits of the job include plenty of fresh air and sunshine and good country food along with opportunities to hike, fish and go camping. By the way, even during storms a village idiot is expected to be out there since everyone knows he is too dumb to come in out of the rain.

Since I'm long out of college and have a different job now, I no longer work full time as a village idiot. I still maintain my professional license as a Village Idiot and I try to work one or two weeks each summer just to keep my hand in. I usually fill in for another idiot who has injured his back or gotten a bad cold from being too long out in the rain. Doing so brings back many fond memories.

02 DX Millenium Red
                02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
                MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
                MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
                Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
                MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
                Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
                Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
                Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
                Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
                Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
                Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
                Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
                Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

I'm a "County Information Technology Generalist I" at a social services agency. Right now my main focus is database design, but I also do network and user support. Basically a general "it's broke, fix it" kinda guy.

Good job, although stressful at times. Pay is pretty OK, and I like the people that I work with. I couldn't have asked for much more from my first job out of college.
                  Dan
                  dreesemonkey

Comment

My Job

I love my job, but the Pay is not that good. Blue are you in the Navy?
                    MODS:
                    I/E/SS/

"It is the function of the Navy to carry the war to the enemy so that it will not be fought on U.S. soil."

Comment

During the dat I'm a programmer and web designer, at night I'm a club and radio dj.
                      2002 Ford Focus ZX3
                      1987 Mazda 323
                      1993 Protege LX (coming soon)

Comment

Originally posted by EviLMaN
                        dammit ur higher than me im a Bag boy at a grovery store named Publix lol just a job durin collage
                        w00t
                        00 dakota 4x4
                        90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

i am i federal law enforcement officer in the U.S COASTGUARD.
                          .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                          225.94wtq
                          torque monster!!!!
                          dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                          http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                          http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

i'm a pimp mannn with my golden goblet!!!

where my bitches at?!?!
                            missing u betsy

RIP

Comment

I fly C-17 Globemaster III's for the Air Force. For an idea of the size, it can handle about half the load of a C-5, 585,000 lb gross weight take off capability. Charleston AFB, SC.

To see what a C-17 looks like:
                              My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
                              JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
                              AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

C-17 Pilot--Jonathan--ProTuner

Comment

Originally posted by glyph
                                I fly C-17 Globemaster III's for the Air Force. For an idea of the size, it can handle about half the load of a C-5, 585,000 lb gross weight take off capability. Charleston AFB, SC.

To see what a C-17 looks like:
                                http://www.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?fsID=86
                                No offense, but with all the awsome planes the A/F has, you fly the C-17? How do you choose what plane you will fly in the A/F? I know how the Navy does it, the lower you are in class, the less of a desired plane. I give you props, I used to fly on the P-3C, I was in tranning to be an F/E
                                MODS:
                                I/E/SS/

"It is the function of the Navy to carry the war to the enemy so that it will not be fought on U.S. soil."

Comment

Working...
                                X