Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draw a Blank. Lost the lock for my wheels ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mike_moss
    Toolbox?
    I searched my toolbox, and I can't find it there either.

It's so frigin odd. I put the breaker bar in there, and the pliers and the mulcher (vice grip) .. But no where is the key in site.
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

sorry dood, those style locks are the ****tiest you can buy. They are so prone to strippage & eventually get so worn that they don't allow any torque on the wheel.

NEVAR let a mechanic remove or install your wheel using an impact gun with those locks...my buddies integra's key was FOCKED after a single use of an impact gun with that style lock.

I like the hex-style locks that slide deep into the socket, not as ridiculously shallow as those mcguards. You have to have talent to strip those.
      93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
      02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
      05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

I have factory alloys, if someone wants them bad enough to steal them... they can have em

... that is lf they're willing to risk an asskickin' if I catch them.
        '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
        '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
        '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
        '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
        '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
        '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Gro Harlem
          sorry dood, those style locks are the ****tiest you can buy. They are so prone to strippage & eventually get so worn that they don't allow any torque on the wheel.

NEVAR let a mechanic remove or install your wheel using an impact gun with those locks...my buddies integra's key was FOCKED after a single use of an impact gun with that style lock.

I like the hex-style locks that slide deep into the socket, not as ridiculously shallow as those mcguards. You have to have talent to strip those.
          I dunno Wil. I never had a problem with wear on them. I have taken them off and on so many times it isn't funny. Ofcourse the one I striped was my falt...

brb.. I am going to the dunce corner .. hahahahha lol
          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
          X