Do you believe in it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

614 don

with a positive attitude the sky's the limit.look for me on top,i refuse to lose!

Comment

Originally posted by fossil boy
      Now THIS, I like...

and Bruce, we could interpret the attitude/altitude in various ways:

1) a good attitude means you will be high on life

2) attitude also refers to the orientation of an object with respect to some reference point. Thus if the inclination is positive, your trajectory will be increasing.

My question would be, if you have attained your altitude and then developed an attitude are you destined to crash and burn? (sorta like the White House, as of late)
      what are you talking about.

were you giving the definition of an attitude?

from dictionary.com
      -A state of mind or a feeling; disposition: had a positive attitude about work.

what does my statement " Attitude determines Altitude"
      have to do with what you are saying.

I totally explained what the topic was about up above and gave 2 examples.

So how it you guys are still getting this confused.

photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
        You forgot: "To truly hock a loogie, one must not retrieve the phlegm from the throat, but from the soul"
        How could i!
        Sagaris

Comment

This is a qoute I strongly believe in....
          "I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth."

One of my professors gave us this once in class, I don't remember who said it, but it hits so real on today's society, that is why I like is so much....
          2000 DX, Blue
          Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
          2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
            what are you talking about.

were you giving the definition of an attitude?

from dictionary.com
            -A state of mind or a feeling; disposition: had a positive attitude about work.

what does my statement " Attitude determines Altitude"
            have to do with what you are saying.

I totally explained what the topic was about up above and gave 2 examples.

So how it you guys are still getting this confused.

hahaha
            There are several definitions of "attitude" - my interpretation (#2) still supports your argument.

Also from dictionary.com are the following:
            3.The orientation of an aircraft's axes relative to a reference line or plane, such as
            the horizon.
            4.The orientation of a spacecraft relative to its direction of motion.

Attitude is also a term used to describe the orientation of rocks with respect to the horizon...

And due to the cooler Temps lately, how about:
            "your latitude determines your gratitude"?

Comment

Originally posted by fossil boy
              hahaha
              There are several definitions of "attitude" - my interpretation (#2) still supports your argument.

Also from dictionary.com are the following:
              3.The orientation of an aircraft's axes relative to a reference line or plane, such as
              the horizon.
              4.The orientation of a spacecraft relative to its direction of motion.

Attitude is also a term used to describe the orientation of rocks with respect to the horizon...

And due to the cooler Temps lately, how about:
              "your latitude determines your gratitude"?
              ok really !
              then tell me , what does the orientation of an aircraft's axes relative to a reference line or plane ,such as the horizon,? have to do with my statement.

Bruce

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

What he means is that if you point an airplane's nose upward, it climbs higher -- Thus, its "attitude" (angle in the sky) determines its altitude. He's just taking the phrase literally.

Keep in mind, however, that if you point an airplane upward too sharp too quickly, it stalls, and comes right back down.
                ~Mark.
                2002 Protege DX 5 speed, "Kenmore White," well-loved and a little over half paid-for

Comment

Originally posted by Mark 02dx
                  What he means is that if you point an airplane's nose upward, it climbs higher -- Thus, its "attitude" (angle in the sky) determines its altitude. He's just taking the phrase literally.

Keep in mind, however, that if you point an airplane upward too sharp too quickly, it stalls, and comes right back down.
                  if he took it so literally,
                  then where is the refrence point? I never mentioned a refrence point...

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                    if he took it so literally,
                    then where is the refrence point? I never mentioned a refrence point...
                    ah, grasshopper, this is simple:
                    how can you determine an "attitude" without a reference point?
                    This even applies to one's emotional/mental state, not just the physical orientation of some object.
                    Everything we see, think, feel or describe is relative, usually to an arbitrary standard.
                    Thus, while it may be easy to measure the attitude of an aircraft (b/c we choose the horizon as a convention), quantifying a person's mental attitude is difficult, if not impossible. The definition of "good" or "bad" attitudes are not easily forthcoming and indeed vary between individuals, time, societies and cultures

Comment

Working...
                    X