No announcement yet.

anthrax shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HEY irish, do you guys have the bdu's yet??? or (battle dress uniformes) if your lost to what that means???? were still waiting on ours, and im pretty sure you guys use the same gas station attendent uniform we do. sorry for the off topic ness,
    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
    225.94wtq
    torque monster!!!!
    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

I wont even say anything smart to Mr Mix Master on this topic

Of course i support the troops. I just said the Military sucks. I NEVER SAID I DIDN'T SUPPORT THE TROOPS.
      Just that we have leaders who lie way to much and dont know what they are doing.

But you call me another dipsh*t and its going to be on
      Last edited by Lost_Conception; 10-09-2003, 11:32 PM.

Comment

There is a vast difference between defining the
        Political-Industrial-Military Machine (Military) versus the Human Individuals (Troops) who are serving within.

It is perfectly acceptable (and very logical) to, at the same time, have disdain for the trends of the "Military" yet have deep concerns for the "Troops".

The Military has a long record of disregard for the Health and Safety of some of its members.

Think back to the atomic tests, when thousands of solidiers were used as "Observers" (who later suffered dire consequences).

Chemical weapons tests of the 50's and 60's

Or the Agent Orange debacle of Viet Nam.

The Gulf War Syndrome. D-U in Kosovo, Iraq etc.

And now, innoculations of viral compounds which have uncertain long-term health effects. (hey, the Military is willing to risk your health to insure the continued projection of Troops in a mostly Politically-motivated conflict!).

The point being, I believe, is that many lives are put at risk in a situation that is not a threat to our country. And while we all seem to want to clamour around what our "Leaders" dictate, we should remember that they are not demi-gods, but humans who are as fallible as the next. In fact, the risks the troops have endured, are far greater from the vaccinations, D-U munitions etc., than from the Iraqis! This simply doesn't make sense.

What is more disconcerting is the intimate connection between the Industrial-Military Complex and Political Figures who then profit from such activities. Simply put, the troops are pawns, in a much bigger game. Granted, they are risking their life and health, but not for the Liberty and Peace at home, but for the meddling whims of decision-makers who risk nothing.

The US hasn't been attacked by a foreign power in 62 years. The WTC attack was not from foreign powers, but individuals (unless we consider that 75% of the hijackers were Saudi in which case we should attack Saudia Arabia, if anyone). The ability for those folks to gain control of aircraft is an internal, policing/security issue and should be addressed in that manner. However, as we see today, our "success" with Internal Security, as well as Foreign Conflicts is questionable.

1. Airport Security is still just as bad as ever. Our ports are still vulnerable to WMD in containerized cargo. Our chemical-nuclear plants are also vulnerable. Oil/gas pipelines and power generation facilities also not secure. We are still highly susceptible to agricultural terrorism via biotic vectors.

2. Afghanistan is a complete failure. The US only controls Kabul. Check the web, rival warlords control the country and are now actually fighting each other (reportedly using tanks)

3. Osama and Saddam are still free. The Anthrax person has not been identified. White House 'leaks" compromise the effectiveness of the CIA

4. The reasons for Iraqi Freedom were based on lies and misinformation. There has been no WMD. The civilians there are in a state of revolt, not welcoming us as liberators. Meanwhile, the rebuilding of Iraq is faltering, and actually has been contracted to the various Industrial-Military corporations that encouraged this conflict. The result is the largest contracts in history, yet, the basic services of Iraq are non-existant.

5> Furthermore, we are hypocrites! Detaining "combatants" illegally, or excessive use of Military froce against civilian populations is, in my opinion, HIGHLY UN-AMERICAN! I resent the image and message we convey - this is ultimately our largest failure, IMO. Most of the world is now allied AGAINST us, which is not a good position for our country, economy, and especially our Troops.

So, I conclude, that most of us certainly respect and support our troops. But, I question the Military that allowed such poor decisions which put them at high risks. The current Political-Military policies have not had any modicum of resaon, nor success.

And as a very proud American, I use my 1st Ammendment Rights to speak out and be critical of the direction and actions of our government, as of late. Afterall, aren't our Freedoms what we hold so dear?

Comment

Lost_Conception, you should expect the reaction it got after the malice tone of your first post. thank you for better clarification in the second one

fossil boy, well said the government is notorious for "testing" things on it's troops. the "gulf war syndrome" has a lot of information backing up the claims that it was a combination of the shots and the enviromnent they were in. it's funny how many desert storm vets remember the chemical alarms going off, and being told that they were just malfunctioning kind of odd that 8 would go off at the same time, and they were linked in no way i'm concerned with all the shots they give us, especially the one in basic that we had to sign aconsent form for supposedly it's just a pneumonia shot, the same that elderly people get

Comment

the reason I asked for the deletion, is that other than being somewhat related to the military it had nothing to do with anthrax shots. I personally believe in keeping threads pure to the topic listed/intended. If we want to discuss the situation of the military and it's relation to government and the uses to which said gov't uses the military, then there should be another post.

Instead of deleting, it can be moved to a whole new thread. Like blue said, off-topic doesn't mean random posts within threads, just random threads.

That being said, topicness resumes:
            Fossil, like you said, the military is willing to assume some risk on behalf of the individuals in the military (nicely said, eh?); simply, it's necessary. To have an effective fighting force, that force needs to be able to fight and win conflicts. The Air Force accepts the risk of floating almost 600,000 lbs of metal, people, and fuel to get the mission done in a more effective manner. If you have good reason to suspect the use of biological agents, it makes sense to use what defenses we have.

I for one, would rather have some line of defense against an anthrax attack as I regularly visit areas at risk of such attacks. I do think it is more important for the troops on the ground in the "front lines" to have that protection, than someone like me who shows up only to drop stuff off, pick some up, get gas and go. However, I was almost deployed to Baghdad for 120 days, for a flying related mission. So, it makes sense to keep your entire force usable by vaccinating everyone.
            My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
            JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
            AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

C-17 Pilot--Jonathan--ProTuner

Comment

Beatbox! beatbox! beatbox! beatbox!
              <-why i can't fix my car

http://www.revtvguam.com
              AFwestPunk's AutoJam Imagestation photo album! You better have High speed internet!

Comment

Originally posted by AFwestPunk
                Beatbox! beatbox! beatbox! beatbox!
                eh?
                My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
                JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
                AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

Comment

Just havin fun!
                  BEATBOX! BEATBOX! BEATBOX!:p:
                  <-why i can't fix my car

AFwestPunk's AutoJam Imagestation photo album! You better have High speed internet!

Comment

eh? = I don't understand the post... still don't, help?

Comment

Originally posted by AFwestPunk
                      Just havin fun!
                      BEATBOX! BEATBOX! BEATBOX!:p:
                      WTF ?!?!?! LMAO !!!!!!!

What the heck it going on lol.

HMMMMM !!!

Dance to the beat DANCE !!!!
                      JAM JAM JAM JAM JAM JAM
                      Dance to the beat Dance Dance To the Funky Beat
                      Shake you feet and Dance to that Funky Beat !

Dance Dance Dance Dance
                      Wait let me hit that solo part

TOMODACHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII !!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Conception
                        WTF ?!?!?! LMAO !!!!!!!

What the heck it going on lol.

HMMMMM !!!

Dance to the beat DANCE !!!!
                        JAM JAM JAM JAM JAM JAM
                        Dance to the beat Dance Dance To the Funky Beat
                        Shake you feet and Dance to that Funky Beat !

Dance Dance Dance Dance
                        Wait let me hit that solo part

TOMODACHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII !!!!!!!!
                        That is what I am talkin about!!
                        BEATBOX! BEATBOX! BEATBOX!
                        <-why i can't fix my car

Comment

Comment

enough with the wasting space, please

Comment

LOL Thats a cool Picture LED lol I am going to make that my desktop

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Conception
                                LOL Thats a cool Picture LED lol I am going to make that my desktop
                                thanks i got it from dave cameron, dacinokc on here along with these:

Comment

Working...
                                X