No announcement yet.

Bought Matrix Reloaded DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I argue with my wife so much about how widescreen shows more picture than full screen. AAAAAGHHHH!!!!!! Why dont they get it!!!???!!!
    -tony

Comment

Originally posted by 98zoomzoom
      I argue with my wife so much about how widescreen shows more picture than full screen. AAAAAGHHHH!!!!!! Why dont they get it!!!???!!!
      I don't know, but widescreen is the greatest!

My sister has a 53" widescreen projection tv, it's friggin awesome. DVDs are just plain freaking ridiculous
      Dan
      dreesemonkey

Comment

oh well, widesceren is still smushed looking lol
        1996 Pontiac Grand Am

Comment

Originally posted by pro00
          i bought the dvd, full screen though
          watched it like 5 times already
          can't get enough

btw, have you noticed in that car chase
          ALL the cars were made by GM
          except for that BMW at the begining

I noticed that

EVERY CAR IS GM
          OLDSMOBILE
          CADDY
          GMC
          CHEVY
          PONTIAC

hmmm....

cant wait for the third movie to come out
          and i would like to see the animatrix too
          On the making of the movie, they say that Cadillac donated the car and the truck along with some prototypes so that they could have bullet holes in some.
          2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
          KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
          Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
          Groundkit

Comment

yea i would rather have the full screen of viewing pleasure.
            My OLD Car

Comment

The more I watch the movie, the more questions I have. I have looked up web sites to figure out what is going on. I didn't see Animatrix, but from the 2nd CD in the two CD set, they go on to say how the Animatrix and the game give you information that tie in the first and 2nd movies in together. I will have to rent or buy the Animatrix to see what is what. It is something else how they made the movie (esp. the chase scene), doing things that have never been attempted before.

Groundkit

Comment

I would really like a tv that handles the full widescreen, and when the signal is for the 4:3 normal TV size, it doesn't stretch it out like a lot of the screens I see.

I just hope they don't do effects just for the "wow" factor. It has to fit the movie and not get too outrageous. I thought Reloaded had some effects simply for the purpose of effects.
                My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
                JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
                AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

C-17 Pilot--Jonathan--ProTuner

Comment

Originally posted by glyph
                  I would really like a tv that handles the full widescreen, and when the signal is for the 4:3 normal TV size, it doesn't stretch it out like a lot of the screens I see.

I just hope they don't do effects just for the "wow" factor. It has to fit the movie and not get too outrageous. I thought Reloaded had some effects simply for the purpose of effects.
                  I think most tvs should have the option not to stretch the picture to fit the screen. Perhaps they dont' have it set that way in the stores because people will assume something's f'ed up with the TV?

Yea, there were quite a few parts in reloaded that I thought were completely un-necessary... Like... The cave dancing scene (not special effects, but still stupid as hell). Why do sequels always have to suck when there are special effects involved?

Look at the Indiana Jones Trilogy. Barely any special effects, great stories, great movies. Godfather trilogy is the same way, fantastic stories, fantastic movies. The original star wars (lot's of 'special effects'), but also had a great story. The prequel's are plain **** IMO, bull**** stories and a visual effects spectacular.

The next indiana jones they are going to be filming is sadly going to suck, that's my prediction. It's going to have a lot of gayed-up special effects that add nothing to the movie.

Oh well.
                  Dan
                  dreesemonkey

Comment

i think the dancing scene was there just to help provide a background erotic atmosphere for the trinity/neo love scene. Put a liitle more meat into the human culture. more story.
                    My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
                    JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
                    AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

Comment

sigh i bought the fullscreen on accident

Oh well i have a new sony trinitron tv that does both full and wide but since its still square the widescreen looks goofy cuz its widescreen but squeshed together still.... its really funny to put in a widescreen movie and turn it to widescreen mode... the black bars double and the movie is like 6" high by like 40" long... kinda funny

Comment

asylum, I know you are in to computer graphics. That would be a dream job for me, doing the special effects and so forth for movies like Matrix, StarWars, Lord of the Rings, etc. I wouldn't care about having to work overtime.

Groundkit

Comment

If your widescreen view is squished, make sure everything's set right on the DVD player. I use my Xbox for DVDs and it squishes things if I don't have the settings right. If I remember right, it has to be set for fullscreen at all times on the Xbox and let the disc handle the black bars.

And btw, I LIKE the cave scene. It's unexpected.
                          ~Mark.
                          2002 Protege DX 5 speed, "Kenmore White," well-loved and a little over half paid-for

Comment

yea in the cave scene you could see nipples and lots of sex goin on. LOL. Did anyone watch the MTV movie awards special? That **** was HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!
                            My OLD Car

Comment

whats to not figure out?

neo went against what hte amtrix wanted him to do, he IS the real one, and he now controls things outside the matrix.....he will decimate all.
                              1996 Pontiac Grand Am

Comment

Originally posted by icynelly
                                yea in the cave scene you could see nipples and lots of sex goin on. LOL. Did anyone watch the MTV movie awards special? That **** was HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Will Farrell rocked as the white-suited guy! The lines were done well, there. The lines for the two hero guys sucked almost all night long.

asylum: return it! or give it as a gift to someone who doesn't like fullscreen. Btw, I almost did the same thing. Was half-way to the register when I saw it listed on the top as full-screen.

Comment

Working...
                                X