bad at work... good at school...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bad at work... good at school...

so when work goes south it just happened to be when i needed to do some things for school to get ready to go back, such as placement tests... so i get a 3 day vacation from work which im using to my advantage, i placed high enough in math writing and reading i don't need to take any prerequisites saving me money and time. I am going to turn my application into the program tomorrow and talk with a financial adviser to see my options.

hurray... one more step away from the job i hate and a step closer to a career i don't mind doing!
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

good for you ... take every oportunity you can while you can ... most ppl would have spent those 3 days doing nothing constructive

Kudos to you

Comment

Congrats. Glad to hear everything is happening for a reason
      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

what school are you going to?
        sigpic

Comment

It will be Mount Hood Community College... for a 2 year program. My options unfortunatly are unfavorable right now but all ive got. open to me currently is the CAP (chrysler) PACT (honda) and IMPORT programs (import more focusing on independent shops... not really what i want). I could get into the ASSET (ford) program this summer at MHCC but I NEED NEED NEED to work this summer... Ill be making upwards of 4.5k takehome during the summer and i just cannot afford to pass that up considering i have a car i want to get paid off (the volvo) and live in a house that is an ongoing project... I need to get financially ontop of my game as possible before i jump into the program.

Ive been speaking with the instructor of the programs, if and when i get accepted into the program i need to find a sponsoring dealership. Id really like to try Gresham Subaru... My instructor said the downside of the IMPORT program is you dont get certified "dealer training" like you do with the ASSET PACT CAP programs so I would finish the program with a degree but If i was allowed to continue working for subaru I would basically need to redo all the training in a dealership training...

I want to check out Subaru (again if im accepted) and see if they are 1 willing to take me on and 2 see what they think about my future there. Otherwise it looks like i may be a dodge mechanic ha ha
          There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

Thats cool i am going back this fall also . My job sucks and i do not see me staying there another year . I am going back to finish what i had started in graphic design.
            I Do not own a Mazda anymore!

Comment

Working...
            X