No announcement yet.

Fck The Economy!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its going to get worse for auto techs,only because of the Chrysler and GM dealership closings.There will be a surplus of techs,sales,service,support people etc.
    Im a Nissan tech in a fairly large shop and we just hired a Saturn guy (their shop foreman) to work for us.The Saturn dealer closed.They scooped him for $2.00/less than what we get and hes happy to get it.There will be alot more of these poor bastards soon.
    Personally i dont think we get enough/hour for what we do compared to other skilled trades and having a line up of good quality people ready to replace you for less bucks is not a good thing.I hope it doesnt drive our wages down.
    For you guys being canned and laid off ? I can feel for ya.Best of luck, things will turn around.
    Powered by ACME

Comment

Originally posted by 90prtege View Post
      if you havent watched zeitgeist yet i suggest you do
      Trust me i watched.... i listened... i absorbed... and my eyes changed towards alot of things

94 Pro LX- 3-hole. Familia seats, Infini Corners, Familia Grille, Familia Rear Garnish w/Rear fogs EDM Glass headlights,
      MSP Mazdaspeed Muffler,Mazdaspeed front strut bar,'00 Pro ES wheels, Neuspeed Springs,GR2s, MX3 wheel, MX3 Tall armrest

Comment

yea its a eye opener thats for damn sure
        Check out the Pics
        sigpic
        http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=228
        Mazda's Rule Honda's Drool

Comment

A brand new Dodge dealership opened up across the street from me last month. Today we find out it's closing.

Sucks man, sorry to hear about your job.
          1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
          1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
          2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
          1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

Comment

I get canned about a month ago. Never late to work, always set the precident for quality & production. Unemployment sucks but it's better than nothing!!
            miss my '93 LX at every corner
            photo album
            Catch me on Facebook

Comment

I'm really sorry to hear about that. It s**ks. No matter where you work, what you earn, or how good a relationship you may seem to have with an employer, you are always gonna a be JUST and employee. Meaning you will always be making money for them at your own expense. And "you" will be the one to acrue the physical damage and emotional baggage, for life. If you really want to make it in this world, you need to find your own path and build on that. Find a way to be self employed and self efficiant. Then you can truely prosper and be happy The news media drives so much of what goes on in our country, and others. When a "news media" says that we are in a recession, over and over, then people tend to believe what they here. Wether it's true or not. It gets driven into our heads on a daily basis, so people drive themselfs into a bad place because they are being told to do so. They are the herders, and we are the sheep. I'm not gonna get into the politics of it because politics s**k! I wish you well and hope you can find a way to move on and be successfull.
              I may not be a Spring Chicken, but I aren't no Fall Turkey either.......

Comment

That's 1 reason I won't work for a big company. They don't know you and don't care if they let you go because they don't see your family and all you do for them. If they did(like small business) knew what you do everyday after work they would do their damnedest to keep you employed.
                1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
                  If they did(like small business) knew what you do everyday after work they would do their damnedest to keep you employed.
                  Obviously my boss missed that part....

94 Pro LX- 3-hole. Familia seats, Infini Corners, Familia Grille, Familia Rear Garnish w/Rear fogs EDM Glass headlights,
                  MSP Mazdaspeed Muffler,Mazdaspeed front strut bar,'00 Pro ES wheels, Neuspeed Springs,GR2s, MX3 wheel, MX3 Tall armrest

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
                    That's 1 reason I won't work for a big company. They don't know you and don't care if they let you go because they don't see your family and all you do for them. If they did(like small business) knew what you do everyday after work they would do their damnedest to keep you employed.
                    I worked for a small business, just a small shop with 10 people working. They tried their hardest to keep me there, but finally work slowed down too much. The nice thing is we have monthly meeting to tell us, how much work we are getting, and what projects we were bidding on. Well when the economy took a poop, places were so desperate for work they were bidding at cost, so no profit, and some places were even loosing money on bids. Our shop couldnt afford to do that. The thing that hurt me is the credit situation. We had disk frames for farming lined up until next winter. Well over in the places they sold in europe they quit financing people. So nobody could buy farm equipment. And they cancled all of their orders through us. And that was the main thing we were relying on. And after only working there for 9 months I was the last person to be laid off. A couple guys had been their since the beginning got laid off before I did. I just sucks. And now all this flooding in the midwest is not helping me out any. Because there is a ton of acres of farm land that is unusable this year, so that means farmers wont be buying new equiptment, because they arnt making any money. It just sucks. And its hard as hell to get a job paying what I was making 13 an hour at the age of 19 with no college. I cant even get a 9 dollar an hour job.
                    sigpic

Comment

man i lucked out with my job. ive been a stagehand for 10yrs now always making

19+ an hour (depending on the venue). no matter how crappy the economy gets

you will always need entertainment to keep your spirits up. if you live in or around

a major city then check out the local stagehand union. i dont know if they gonna

hire you but if they do its well worth it.

here is the main website

Originally posted by minnesotapj
                      Cost of your fancy German built sports car $35k
                      price of your fancy sun glasses to match your German built sports car $200 dollars
                      Getting beat by a second hand 20 year old Japanese 4 door... Priceless!
                      The only bummer about the world ending is that you can't turn to the person next to you and say "WOW! Did you see THAT?!!"
                      *1. 85 accord hatch r.i.p. *2. 87 chevy s-10 r.i.p. *3. 91 dodge daytona r.i.p. *4. 91 labaron r.i.p. *5. 91 mazda 323..sold *6. 89 silverado sold *7. 94 mazda protege ...in the works...

Comment

Originally posted by CaymenEGT91 View Post
                        Trust me i watched.... i listened... i absorbed... and my eyes changed towards alot of things
                        I have never heard of that one....just downloaded it and watched it...good movie.
                        This is my BP. There are many like it but this one is mine. My BP is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my BP is useless. Without my BP I am useless. I must drive my BP true. I must drive straighter than my enemy, who is trying to beat me. I must beat him before he beats me.

Comment

Don't burn any bridges. As tempting as it may be to tell off your boss that just handed you a pink slip, he is the most likely one to hire you back when things turn around. I left one job over ten years ago on bad terms and I regret it.

On a happier note, we are now having to update our boss with our projected productivity for the week every Monday. Yeah, I can feel the axe over my head already. Good luck everybody, it's rough out there!

Comment

Working...
                          X