Ottawa area rain storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ottawa area rain storm

So while I was out with my buddie helping him pick a first car (ironicaly a 323), it started to rain a fair bit. Once we finished lookin' around we started heading back home on the other side of the city, next thing we know, the highway comes to a dead stop to wait for the insanely heavy rain to end, or at least die down. When we got back to our side of the city, we stopped by the library to return some of buddies books. The roads there were flooded maybe knee high, one spot had a car parked with the water up to the door handles. Emergency services were blocking off roads, and stuff. When I got back home, first thing I heard was mom screaming to go down to the basement... The whole thing is flooded a good 3 inches. Every house on our street is flooded just as bad, if not worse. The worst part though, is that most of our houses, the basement floors are sloped towards 1 corner, and the drains are in the exact opposite corners. Some of which the drain is higher than the ground around them.

Anyway, I've sorta lost my train of thought, so I'll just say I hope to god insurrance pays up. But I doubt it with all the claims they'll be getting.

Good luck. Sorry to hear
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Wow, didn't think anyone was payin attention to this... I know I wasn't

Anyway, I might as well update while it's in my head. The inssurance said if we paid the first 1000$ they'd pay the rest. I think that's more than fair with all the other claims they're getting. Not to mention my bro's computer is wrecked (that was our movie server too), the power supply is dead, motherboard woulda been fine had the water not rotted all the connecters a few days later, but the CPU fried when the P/S went, so that's a good 1000$ right there. So now we gotta make a list of all the other things on the floor that were ruined: minor computer stuff (just older CPUs and things), the most part of his MR2 parts he was gonna sell (notably a 140$ set of new brake calipers), all our tools (most impotantly the air tools & ratchet sets), then all the other crap that doesn't matter. While we're doin' that, a clean up crew left us a nice machine to get rid of the humidity, smell & aparently some bacteria. So that shut me up . There should be a few insurrance people come by in a week or 2 to note our rough estimate of how much $ we lost, they say they'll pay replacement value for the most stuff, but everything else is depreciated value. So long as that depreciated value isn't less that 60% what we could have got, I think that's pretty fair. But that's me...

And on a side note. My side of the street is aparently lucky. Though we got more water/damage/loss. Those across the street were evacuated due to the fact they got sewage water instead of normal dirt filled rain water...

Comment

Working...
      X