fiberglass Q and idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fiberglass Q and idea

I was thinkin about this earlier... Im gonna have to get black carpet in my car once the interior is done.... now what if I used fiberglass instead and did the whole floor with it...what do ya think?

and for all you fiberglass guru's out there... how many layers do you think it would take to withstand the weight... i knoq the glass is the strongest on curves and not on flat area's so I know it would be a lot... so yea...

uhhhh, ok

1/4" should do it, not like your break dancing in there...or are you?

Comment

i think it would be hard to keep it un-scratched from little pebbles and stuff like that. maybe cool on a show car, but not very practical for a daily-driver. i think diamond plate floorboards would look kinda cool like the eclipse from fast and furious, even though it's probably pretty rice since it was in that movie
      '04 altima 2.5s sonoma sunset

Nismo CAI
      18" ASA AR1's wrapped in Dunlop Direzza 225/45WR18

Comment

another thought...

with the flex and twist of the body, expect big ass cracks if it's all one peice and bolted/secrued down. I'm gonna guess you'll need some type of underlying padding (floor suspension) and maybe have the whole thing float...I can't see it withstanding the abuse of daily driving. Whether it's one peice or 10 pieces...eventually it will be all in pieces

Comment

damn... good point... well there went taht idea

Comment

i'm still pondering that same idea, but it'll put me up in the extreme vehicle class if you are going to do it, put some 1/4" board over the large areas, like the floors, to keep it rigid and flat

Comment

Working...
            X