Miata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miata

Should I buy one? My friend just bought one for $3,000 and its awesome. I love the way it looks and the shifter and everything.
    My OLD Car

I would say no, unless you have the extra money for the upkeep and insurance. If you have $3k burning a hole in your pocket I say invest in a turbo.

Comment

I'm going to buy one in the spring/summer I think

Were you thinking as an extra car, or ditching the protege all together?
      Dan
      dreesemonkey

Comment

Originally posted by funkdaddysmack
        I'm going to buy one in the spring/summer I think

Were you thinking as an extra car, or ditching the protege all together?
        Just as an extra car. I want something stick.
        My OLD Car

Comment

Did you change your username?
          Dan
          dreesemonkey

Comment

sell the protege and get a nice M2 Miata.
            "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
            -93 MR2, 129 ES
            ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
            Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Originally posted by funkdaddysmack
              Did you change your username?
              Yea actually now that I look at it I did.
              My OLD Car

Comment

Originally posted by dahotprotege
                Yea actually now that I look at it I did.
                the avatar too. where's baby Joelene?

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
                  the avatar too. where's baby Joelene?
                  Well I cant seem to find where to change that so....
                  My OLD Car

Comment

Well I cant seem to find where to change that so....
                    If you wanna change it go to User CP, then click on Edit Avatar. It's a link on the left side of the screen...

Comment

Originally posted by Proto2k
                      I would say no, unless you have the extra money for the upkeep and insurance. If you have $3k burning a hole in your pocket I say invest in a turbo.

YESSS...buy one. I wish I had the kinda cash you've got. A sweet pro(boo hoo that it's an auto) and the money to buy a miata.
                      Proto...have you ever driven one?
                      I've done things in my miata that I could never do in my pro. It's RWD, great center of gravity, 50/50 weight dist....and it's a roadster. The stock shifter feels like the SS I've got on the pro. I'd say go for it under a few conditions.
                      What year and miles? First choice would be a 94-97. If you have to get a 90-91.5, I'd say don't get one unless your going to drop a new engine in it. Though it may be ok, I would be too worried about the short-nose crank.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
                      Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
                      I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaMania

YESSS...buy one. I wish I had the kinda cash you've got. A sweet pro(boo hoo that it's an auto) and the money to buy a miata.
                        Proto...have you ever driven one?
                        I've done things in my miata that I could never do in my pro. It's RWD, great center of gravity, 50/50 weight dist....and it's a roadster. The stock shifter feels like the SS I've got on the pro. I'd say go for it under a few conditions.
                        What year and miles? First choice would be a 94-97. If you have to get a 90-91.5, I'd say don't get one unless your going to drop a new engine in it. Though it may be ok, I would be too worried about the short-nose crank.
                        I dont got the money yet but if this networking job goes well it shouldnt take long. (15 bucks an hour starting aint bad) I would try my best to get a 94-97 but the 90-91 would be an awesome project car. My friend just got one with 30,000 miles and mint condition for three thousdand dollars
                        My OLD Car

Comment

Just make sure you have a place to park it; I'm finding out that having 2 cars can be a big hassle.
                          And don't get a yellow one. They look silly in yellow.
                          ~Mark.
                          2002 Protege DX 5 speed, "Kenmore White," well-loved and a little over half paid-for

Comment

My friend just got one with 30,000 miles and mint condition for three thousdand dollars

That's not fair. 90-91 isn't a bad deal. You might not have any problems with it at all but if you do than your gonna have lots of problems. Limping home is not a fun thing to go through. You can get an engine with 30-40K miles on it for around $600-800. Its definately worth having. You and everyone else gets my vote.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
                            Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
                            I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

I think ima save up for this then. I want a white or black one possibly but I have never seen them in black. Blue would be nice. Ill keep looking around
                              My OLD Car

Comment

Working...
                              X