thinking of a trip to US eastern coast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thinking of a trip to US eastern coast

I only get 10 days for a vacation this summer and was thinking of hitting up somewhere along the eastern us coast.

I have been to myrtle beach, orlando and a few other places, but those trips were when i was young so I was just a bored teen with my parents 10-15 years ago.

Now I am thinking of driving my speed down with hot blonde riding shotgun. Does anyone have any good recommendations on where to go, what is fun to do and what is actually worth going to check out?

My biggest scare is driving like 28 hours straight, getting somewhere in florida and being like "ok im here now what".

My budget isnt really a budget after all the gas and food we will have to buy so ideally we would like to be close to a awsome beach somewhere, maybe with a campground nearby so we could stop for a few days, try out my awsome new tent and be within walking/driving distance of stuff to do everyday. not sure what the scenes are like in the states but up here in canada there is usually lots of partying/drinking around good beaches so I am hoping to be somewhere that has some sort of nightlight. not big into clubbing (when you already have a gf whats the point?) but cool local bars / smaller places filled with young intoxicated people on the beach somewhere sounds good to us.

if its pouring rain or something I would just throw down the visa card and stay in a hotel somewhere, but we usually go camping once a year so why not in florida or some other hot state?

anyways, I know it sounds like a pipe dream, but I am just waiting on my passport and then we are pretty much ready to plan this out so any recommendations would be great.

thanks, jeff

S197 Mustang GT Convertible The New DD. (Ford Racing 3.73/JLT CAI/SCT SF3 Tuner/Ford Racing Exhaust)
    2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Maximus Tractionous Wifeymobilious
    Previous ~ 235whp 1.8 BP Powered 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege ~ - Sold

and before someone says ask a travel agent, i did and they bored the hell out of me. keep in mind we at 25 and looking to have fun all day on the cheap. expensive dining, fancy shows etc. are out of the question. we just need a cool place to hang out near a beach with somewhere cheap to stay or camp etc. that has decent night life and is not filled with thugs and/or wanna be thugs etc.

thanks

S197 Mustang GT Convertible The New DD. (Ford Racing 3.73/JLT CAI/SCT SF3 Tuner/Ford Racing Exhaust)

Comment

you can drop the hot blond off at my house for some fun
      I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
      |.....Overnight....................| ||
      |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
      |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
      "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
      Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

The Outer Banks in North Carolina would be my recommendation. Not too crowded, but not a ghost town either. Quite a bit to see and do, should be some decent camping close by (I stayed in a house last time I went). Plus, if you're up for a bit of a road trip, the Tail of the Dragon's not too far away It shouldn't cost you a mint to stay there, either. Can't say for sure, since it's been a number of years since I've been there, but I remember it being pretty reasonable.

Oh, stay the **** away from Virginia Beach. It's a ****hole.
        1995 626: daily beater, mostly stock. Future NASA racer?

Next up: Speed6 or RX-8

Comment

come to the jersey shore
          http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47653

my fs thread

Comment

Originally posted by 1Mazda323Fan View Post
            The Outer Banks in North Carolina would be my recommendation. Not too crowded, but not a ghost town either. Quite a bit to see and do, should be some decent camping close by (I stayed in a house last time I went). Plus, if you're up for a bit of a road trip, the Tail of the Dragon's not too far away It shouldn't cost you a mint to stay there, either. Can't say for sure, since it's been a number of years since I've been there, but I remember it being pretty reasonable.

Oh, stay the **** away from Virginia Beach. It's a ****hole.
            Actually the Dragon and OBX are about 7 hours apart. Ive been to the dragon and its definitely worthy of a trip. When I go usually I stay in gatlenberg or pigeon forge.

Never been to the OBX but ive been tentatively planning a trip to cape lookout.
            I'm going to take the ferry out to the island and camp out there for the weekend. Ive heard its ****ing awesome
            I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
            |.....Overnight....................| ||
            |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
            |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
            "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
            Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

if you go to florida. dedicate time to meet with the members there. ALL of them are good people.
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

ok well i think we got a good idea of what to do.

first we are gonna drive straight from toronto to key west florida. gonna spend a few days there doing some cool stuff.

these guys seem pretty cheap and it looks like there is lots to do

Sunset Watersports | Key West Watersports, Boat Rentals & Tours

camping is also pretty reasonable and has free wifi and power for an extra $5/night.

then we are gonna drive to the tail of the dragon and check it out. if we are having a good time we will stick around and check out the hot springs area. if we are having a ****ty time we are just gonna head back.

either way thanks for the ideas, you guys did help believe it or not lol
                Last edited by vtec-this; 06-01-2010, 10:40 AM.

Comment

if your near wisconsin on any part stop by & visit
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                  he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

In in Vero Beach, fl if you're in the area send me a message and i'll give you my number and you can stop by for a few.
                    -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
                    VF10 powered!
                    262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                    13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Working...
                    X