We have liftoff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have liftoff

Most spectacular moment in rally Turkey in first day!!! He jump 4.5m up and 54m in length. It's new record of Rally Turkey!

Yah so I kept hearing about the huge jump some crazy Ukranian driver took at WRC Turkey, but missed the TV coverage. Found it on youtube and... well...

goddam...

Note to crazy Ukranian: It's a WRC car, not a stadium truck.

4.5 meters up in the air. Lessee, that's, um, carry the 1, um, crikey, near enough 15 feet up
    '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
    '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

That's crazy! I'm suprised that the wheels didn't came off the car!

Comment

He is crazy but I bet it saved time
      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

ukraine ftw looks like he was kicking ass

note: Im half ukrainian

S197 Mustang GT Convertible The New DD. (Ford Racing 3.73/JLT CAI/SCT SF3 Tuner/Ford Racing Exhaust)
        2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Maximus Tractionous Wifeymobilious
        Previous ~ 235whp 1.8 BP Powered 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege ~ - Sold

Comment

is this dude a pilot for ukranian airlines???? damn..

Comment

driver front wheel took the brunt of the landing .... had to be some damage!

Comment

Yah. It broke. So did that strut. And who knows what else.
              '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
              '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
              http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

I think that's the same yump Loeb caught air on and was pissed about.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
                1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
                1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
                1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
                1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

don't worry, the car is in very good shape. it has clean title, i promise.
                  sigpic

Comment

0:06 you can see his front wheel off to the left outruning the car

Comment

Originally posted by me19875 View Post
                      don't worry, the car is in very good shape. it has clean title, i promise.
                      thats funny, not peticularly rally cars, but when I watch videos of cars absolutely being thrashed, like 30k dollar evos and sti's on the street that is the FIRST thought that comes to mind... what their craigslist ad is going to look like after they have run it too far into the ground for them to afford to fix:

"great condition, 400 whp, 0-60 in 3.4 seconds (i don't know that for sure because i have never tried, its just how fast I was told it should be). Never driven hard, only a couple door dings (what do you expect for a daily driven car). ONLY thing bad that i know about right now is it needs a clutch and the tires are getting close... other than that its in amazing shape. Im only selling to go back to school"
                      There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was about this video:

Crazy bimbo driver soars like a 747 when she hits the rail at a tollbooth at DFW airport. (June 1, 2010)
                        sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
                        92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

huh... so I guess the last scene in gone in 60 seconds where he jumps the tow truck is actually plausable. that was awesome!
                          There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

nice air time. same with the tollbooth vid
                            91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

Working...
                            X