Oh Happy Days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Happy Days

Well its been a good couple of days, or weeks persay. First, for the last month I hae been dating an amazing girl and now we are going out. Second, my dad and mom decide to surprise me with new cars. My mom got a 2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade and my dad got a 2004 Mazda 6(5 speed, v4)!!!!!!!!!!!! I drove stick and learned it for the first time It all began on my friends 2003 mustang which was weird cuz the stick was all crooked and ****. :ARCADE: :ARCADE: :ARCADE: Then my dad wanted an alignment on the 6 so he took it back to Mazda and they gave him an SVT Focus as a lender. The Focus was obviously owned by a street racer. It had NOS installed (but the dealer took out the bottles) Angel Eyes, Racing seats, neons (most horrible position ever) and etc. My dad surprised me and said that I could learn how to drive it. Before in the Mustang I had only drove in a parking lot. Then now with the 6 speed SVT I drove it almost perfectly all around south florida. It felt good to drive something FAST (compared to a stock 1.6 auto) The supercharger sounded SO SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG Im so happy. Getting it to 95 was no problem.
    My OLD Car

That's a weird ass loner car for a dealership to have. I bet the 6 is sweet as hell.

Comment

V4? It's an inline 4!!!

I don't think the SVT Focus has a supercharger...it's just a tuned version of the Zetec 2.0.

Congrats on the great week.
      Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

IIRC it does have a super...*shrug*

Comment

The real difference between this and other Focuses is under the sheet metal. While the Focus ZX3 has a standard 2.0 litre 16-valve DOHC Zetec inline four-cylinder engine that develops 130 horsepower at 5300 rpm and 135 lb.-ft. of torque at 4500 rpm, the same engine in the SVT Focus has 170 horsepower at 7000 rpm and 145 lb.-ft. of torque at 5500 rpm. The increase in horsepower was done without the use of turbocharging or supercharging. Modifications include a dual-stage intake manifold, variable cam timing on the intake camshaft, and an underbody-only catalyst system.
          Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

[QUOTE=NegatiZE]all that technical mumbo jumbo [QUOTE]
            thank you...i always thought they had F/I for some reason

Comment

Originally posted by Proto2k
              That's a weird ass loner car for a dealership to have. I bet the 6 is sweet as hell.
              Yea it was. He wont let me drive the 6.
              I could of sworn it was supercharged. Maybe the guy put a supercharger in it afterwards cuz it definitly sounded supercharged. Unless intakes make that psssst noise really loud when you press on the gas. ANd yea it is inline four.
              My OLD Car

Comment

sweet!
                Sagaris

Comment

Hahah that sound could be that "turbo noise" exhaust insert that was on here a while ago..

Comment

Congrats on the parents new rides, I hope your dad's 6 is more reliable than my friends 6. I think most of the problems they're having is because of the 6cyl, though.
                    Dan
                    dreesemonkey

Comment

yea i hope so too
                      My OLD Car

Comment

Working...
                      X