tell me what you guys think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tell me what you guys think

well thursday night after work i went to go meet this guy i purchased a d16z6 ported head from he said he had paper work of the work done but when i meet new people i freeze up so i got the head for 150 everything looked kool brought it home looked it over real good friday night some of the port holes were barely touched and the valve seats werent touched at all so im pretty sure i got screwed on this he said he got the work done at 1320 performance in cali bulls*** i called them yesterday they dont port heads so this guy wont answer his phone or nothing i do have a phone number and an address he lives in arbutus my question is should i just try to sell it and make my money back and buy a junkyard head and just do the valve stem seals and leave it at that or take this to a machine shop and have them check it out give me you guys feedback please thnx
    sigpic

I"d have it checked out first.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

i can post up some pics later on
      sigpic

Comment

That sucks dude.. Sounds like some BS to me.

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
        HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
        Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Comment

I think that's a long sentence.
          sigpic
          2004 Subaru WRX STi
          2003 Toyota Highlander

Comment

whos checking grammer besides you
            sigpic

Comment

I think you shouldnt be bothering with a SOHC VTEC Honda.... no but honestly, get it checked out first, wont hurt, and they probably wont even charge you.

94 Pro LX- 3-hole. Familia seats, Infini Corners, Familia Grille, Familia Rear Garnish w/Rear fogs EDM Glass headlights,
              MSP Mazdaspeed Muffler,Mazdaspeed front strut bar,'00 Pro ES wheels, Neuspeed Springs,GR2s, MX3 wheel, MX3 Tall armrest

Comment

^^ its his daily driver, and the current head needs rebuilt
                "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Caveat emptor

Without documentation that gives you legal recourse, you pretty much have to depend on the sellers eagerness to protect their reputation. You then run a risk of committing Defamation.

Contact the seller and see what they can do for you, conditional on what you find out from a 3erd party eval. If they're not willing to do anything, chalk it up to a learning experience. Review your business practice and keep going. Good luck.

Edit-Click on bottom link in my sig and think about all the reasons why it might be there, then proceed accordingly.
                  Last edited by 1st Gen; 11-21-2010, 12:20 AM.
                  1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
                  1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
                  2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
                  1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

Comment

thx md323 he summed it all up lol its only my daily my real toy is sitting in my backyard awaiting for me to get off my a** and get a move on lol i am goin to get it double checked and eat it as a learning experiance
                    sigpic

Comment

It was only 150, could have been worse. I bought a Pro back in June for 350 and didn't see that there was a sh-t ton of rust near the rear trailing arm. I stole what I could from the car and junked it for 200. so 150 to learn to be more thorough when buying cars, I'll take that.

Just have to be more careful I guess.

Comment

Working...
                      X