Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android phone application for performance measurements [free]

Hello

I would like to present you my application for measuring car's pefromance. It it free. All you need to have is android equipped phone.

Application is called "RaceDroid lite".
    Website address http://racedroid.com

I am looking forward to any suggestions, bugs, feature wishes etc.

Regards
    Jacek
    Last edited by jackkpl; 12-03-2010, 02:21 AM.

Spam? Need other mod imputs of this guy. No website or bs asking for money. No sig. I'm going to dl app and see if its malictious(sp)
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

I was suspicious of this guy myself. I wasn't sure it was spam so didn't want to ban him just yet.
      02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
      MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
      MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
      Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
      MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
      Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
      Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
      Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
      Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
      Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
      Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
      Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
      Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

I think hes spamming his own product. Looks like the app works though. lol

Comment

I wish my damn gps woould work right
          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Hello

This app is not a malicious code. I own myself a 323f supercharged and i have been testing this app for the last 3 weeks. This app is a similar tool to already present products on the market. THe difference is that it has been tested agains standalone fuel management (car speed based on rpm * transmission ratio * tire size) and on my HTC Wildfire it is within 1-2km/h accuracy @ 150km/h speed. Because this app is free and still being developed i need people to use it and give comments (whats bad, what doesnt work etc).

It doesn't use gps (only in my debug version to verify data) - it is based on accelerometer. Works similar to g-tech.

I think publishing malicious code on android market is kind of risky for a developer

And one sidenote before testing - please read help. It says what conditions should be met to get most accurate results.

JUst for the curious ones, my car does 6.8 0-60 on g-tech, and my app measured 0-60 6.85 and 0-100km/h in 7.1sec. It has 0.45 bar boost with eaton M62.

Here is one vid of my car to make the post more legit

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Regards
            Jacek Kedzior
            Last edited by jackkpl; 12-03-2010, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Legit,

Cool product. Got any pictures of under the hood? How many engine projects have you had?
              Last edited by Protoss; 12-03-2010, 10:57 PM.
              When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
              Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
              Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
              So his engine he goosed
              With much too much boost,
              And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

jackkpl, welcome to the Forum and I apologize for my suspicions. I'm glad this turned out alright.

Happy Motoring!
                02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
                MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
                MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
                Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
                MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
                Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
                Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
                Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
                Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
                Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
                Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
                Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
                Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Originally posted by Protoss View Post
                  Legit,

Cool product. Got any pictures of under the hood? How many engine projects have you had?
                  Hi

I will allow myself for a small offtopic. My project can be seen in this forum (http://www.racingforum.pl/MAZDA-323F...OR-t79486.html) It is in polish but pictures are international. You can use google translate to read it (http://translate.google.com/translat...OR-t79486.html)

it has 180hp/210nm. Is is a bit overweight due to LPG (approx 60kg more than stock). It does 15.3 1/4 mile with very bad front tires. I have exhint cam mod and 1.8 BPT injectors , standalone fuel management and lc-1 wideband. Oh, i also have 160mm crank wheel instead of 125mm (the one that driver power steering pump) - stock wheels gave 0.2-0.25bar boost.

The eaton is a perfect bolt in on engine block in the place of aircon. Very easy to install and drive a belt. at 2500rpm it has full boost (0.4bar) and at 1500rpm it has 0.15 bar. With this setup i have been drivin for 8 months and i did 6k miles. IT is my daily car (i drive it to work, 25 miles a day).

End of offtopic. More questions , pm me

Originally posted by goldstar
                  jackkpl, welcome to the Forum and I apologize for my suspicions. I'm glad this turned out alright.

Happy Motoring!
                  No offence taken . I have been visiting this forum for more than a year, but never posted. THat is why it could look suspicious .

Comment

downloading.....ill check it out tomorrow. side note why do you get permissions for phone calls?

Originally posted by minnesotapj
                    Cost of your fancy German built sports car $35k
                    price of your fancy sun glasses to match your German built sports car $200 dollars
                    Getting beat by a second hand 20 year old Japanese 4 door... Priceless!
                    The only bummer about the world ending is that you can't turn to the person next to you and say "WOW! Did you see THAT?!!"
                    *1. 85 accord hatch r.i.p. *2. 87 chevy s-10 r.i.p. *3. 91 dodge daytona r.i.p. *4. 91 labaron r.i.p. *5. 91 mazda 323..sold *6. 89 silverado sold *7. 94 mazda protege ...in the works...

Comment

Originally posted by frogi323 View Post
                      downloading.....ill check it out tomorrow. side note why do you get permissions for phone calls?
                      There is no permission to make phone calls in my app. I am not sure why it says that. It has only read access to gps and mobile network for advertising. it can also read phone state, but is not allowed to control it (it won't make phone calls etc)

Comment

Working...
                      X