Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made my first part on the lathe. Still rough, but I'm getting the hang of it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1347052109685.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	1233503

Unfortunately, I dont yet have a proper internal thread cutting tool, or even a gauge yet, so I eyeballed one I made on the grinder. The thread angle isn't a perfect 60 degrees, so this part is junk. Picking up some tooling tomorrow in the city.
    sigpic
    1992 Familia GT-X
    1988 323 GTX
    2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
    2014 Civic Touring

Comment

what part are you making??
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Electronic cigarette parts for now. Just finished this:

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1347067845611.jpg
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	1233504

First car project is going to be shifter bushings.
        sigpic
        1992 Familia GT-X
        1988 323 GTX
        2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Shifter bushing sweet that e cigrette looks sweet btw
          sigpic

Comment

agree on the E-cigarette. nifty!
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Got called into work today. Had to drive some cars to the Beaches car show at Portland International Raceway again. To start things off, I had to take the prize of our showroom to the track. No1 but my boss drives this car, oh.. and myself now. =)

It's only pushing about 540hp

Name:	032x.jpg
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	1233534Click image for larger version

Name:	028x.jpg
Size:	163.1 KB
ID:	1233535Click image for larger version

Name:	027x.jpg
Size:	153.6 KB
ID:	1233536Click image for larger version

Name:	033x.jpg
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	1233537

Than my boss and I head back to the store to grab our SRT-8 Charger and SRT-8 Grand Cherokee. I follow the Charger in the GC, but since the Charger was just used as the official pace car for the NASCAR races, there was rubber flying off the tires for a good 15 miles. I had top keep my distance. Got stuck at a light while the Charger pulled off the highway waiting for me. Put the GC in track mode, put the trans into man mode, and i took off on the green to catch up. Well, lets just say its pretty damn fast for a Grand Cherokee. I mean, it's only got like 480hp. Psh...

Spent the day at the track for a car show again. And I get Saturday off this time. It didn't suck
              1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
              Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
              "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

not a bad day at work^^^

Comment

Nice Subie... I'd go for a different wing though...looks out of place...yeah good day for you for sure... those GC's are nice!
                  91 GT- Li'l Bee (under construction)
                  2013 Honda Accord V6 coupe - 14.7 sec. 1/4 mile

New Thread:
                  Wilyb's 91 Pro GT Rebuild: Li'l B: http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...Rebuild-Li-l-B

Old Threads:

WilyB's 93 GT rebuild worklog : http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...-93-GT-rebuild
                  My FE3 worklog thread:http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...ighlight=wilyb

sigpic

Comment

I want that job, haha. And I agree, the SRT8 Grand Cherokees are amazing.

Comment

That does sound like a pretty sweet job. I make feminine pads for a living :/
                      sigpic
                      1992 Familia GT-X
                      1988 323 GTX
                      2014 Civic Touring

Comment

what a mess that could be lol
                        -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

I make medical devices, haha. Our company, Navilyst Medical, just got bought by AngioDynamics, if anyone has heard of either of those.

Comment

i do marketing for Dick Hannah dealerships up here now. Mostly Subie, but also Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, and RAM. it's definitely got it's perks.

Mostly though, i'm just incredibly thankful as ever that I have a full time job again. The last 1.5 years have been pretty poopy. Things are just now starting to settle for me now.
                            Last edited by worldhazard; 09-13-2012, 11:15 PM.
                            1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
                            Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
                            "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

I hear you on the full time job. I'm a commercial and industrial insulator. Since the economy crash in '08, I've been laid off 3 times for 7 months at a time. Only working for 5-6 months spans in between. Only now have things started settling down.
                              Before you criticize someone, first try walking a mile in their shoes. Because then you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes...

Comment

Jeff, You Rock Sir!
                                David
                                sigpic Ky

Comment

Working...
                                X