Blew a coupler yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blew a coupler yesterday

We were on the wrong side of the bridge and in traffic when I started getting a whole lot of no power, plus the ominous sound of an air whistle. We made it home but only just barely. It looks like the DD is going to be down for a bit while I get this sorted out.
    1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
    1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
    2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
    1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

been there before, freaked me out until i realized what it was. easy fix. do you have t-bolt clamps on the dd?

NW MAZDAS

Comment

Originally posted by bogaut View Post
      been there before, freaked me out until i realized what it was. easy fix. do you have t-bolt clamps on the dd?
      No I don't, and that sounds like a great place to start. I have a few extras lying around but I'm going to have to buy a set to do it right.

Comment

When I bought this engine package back when, it didn't come with the couplers that came to, and went from, the SMIC. My solution was to re-purpose some radiator hose I bought. It had to be cut to fit and just never was right. That turned out to be where the leak was. The hose didn't burst, it just came apart. I had purchased a SMIC package from another member on CP that did come with those couplers for the b4pro and they were just sitting in my shop, clamps and all. Problem fixed.

While I had it up on stands, I decided to see if I could find where that bonking sound was coming from. Turns out the axle wiggles in the transmission when I push and pull on it. I've needed a new tranny for this thing for the longest but it's starting to look like hospice.

Anyone got a good G series for sale?

Comment

fwd? ive got one. hit me up

NW MAZDAS

Comment

Fb

Comment

Working...
            X