This site slow??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This site slow??

Is it just me and my dial up, or is does this site load up slower than most others? It seems that CP takes longer to load pages and stuff than the other car forums I go to, maybe its my stone-age technology modem that I have.
    Eat ****.

do you use the Plasma or Ambience style skins? It's not sluggishly slow, but it is slower than some with these skins. I'm on a T1, and loads slow for me most of the time, compared to others. The default style I never had a problem with though. Upgrade that modem there buddy!
    -mike lucero
    1988 Mazda 323 GTX
    2001 Isuzu Rodeo

Comment

Uh not slow for me.....but i don't have dial up either! It loads super fast!
      "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

Loads fine for me on 56k, default skin, unless someone decides to get cute and put a whole damn MOVIE in their sig/avatar as an animated gif...That slows things down a bit.
        ~Mark.
        2002 Protege DX 5 speed, "Kenmore White," well-loved and a little over half paid-for

Comment

I'm on DSL using Ambience and it loads fine for me

Comment

I am on cable using Plasma, works like a charm.
            "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

im on t1 using plasma...fun stuff and its fast

Comment

Originally posted by red90protegelx
                im on t1 using plasma...fun stuff and its fast
                im on crack using all the skins at one time and it loades up super quick! haha
                i is dumb

Comment

dunno what skin i'm on *scratches head* but needless to say, there is a link for an 'archived' version of the board, no signatures, no avatars, just text and you can't ammend to it through there, but you can easily surf the forum easily this way and go through all the bull**** to post a response.. clicky here and try it out.. VERY helpful for those with a slow computer (366mhz here) or a dial up connection

that is courtousey of dave try it out.
                  peace
                  p.s. on cable with 3.3 megabits per second, translates to a 397.2 kbps download, or whats rated at 2.6 seconds ETA for a 1MB file. thats when everything is fine and dandy.. but usually, it takes a minute for a 17 to 22 megabyte file.. not too shabby if i do say so myself (comcast rates the service at a full 4 megabits and 400kbps download)
                  Last edited by Guest; 03-30-2004, 05:02 PM.

Comment

maybe it's just us people in colorado then!
                    -mike lucero
                    1988 Mazda 323 GTX
                    2001 Isuzu Rodeo

Comment

Working...
                    X