Whats everyones next mod on their cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asylum24
    Rims or my 4 channel amp... decisions decisions.. msot likey rims... Motegi ff6 Silver or gunmetal
    I think AA is working for Asylum24!!! Oh my God, rims before stereo?!?!?!?!?! A step in the right direction my fellow AA member
    2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
    KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
    Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
    Groundkit

Comment

The guy is charging $1200, but that is for the actual leather and not vinyl. Plus I think that the $1200 is a little more than they usually charge, but you have to remember he is going to have to custom fit everything. He is taking out my backseat and passenger seat as soon as they come in so he can begin. What I really like about the guy doing the work is that he is a fellow Protege owner and absolutely loves my car, so I know he will do an awesome job.

Comment

Blue is making me a ported box for my 12s. Hopefully a new amp won't be necessary for my next mod! Otherwise, I am looking at painting some trim for the interior, but all Autozone seems to carry in Krylon paint is white, blue, dark green, and yellow...Yellow?! I may have to go to a body shop like HH to get the good stuff.

Groundkit

Comment

I would recommend using the Plastikote paint. I just did my interior door panels and it came out great. Just don't forget to apply lots of clearcoat.

Comment

interor swap, grey to black
            No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

Shifter bushing from GroHarlem Motorsports, custom intake, KVR brake pads.
              Ryan The middle child is always ignored
              BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
              Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by MisterT
                I think AA is working for Asylum24!!! Oh my God, rims before stereo?!?!?!?!?! A step in the right direction my fellow AA member

lol stero always comes first... but even though its not finished.. its good enough for now.. so rims it is

Comment

*crosses fingers* Hopefully wheels
                  Yes, I am a female. So please don't call me man.

Comment

Originally posted by Proto2k
                    I would recommend using the Plastikote paint. I just did my interior door panels and it came out great. Just don't forget to apply lots of clearcoat.
                    Why so many layers of clear coats? Got pics of your interior? Also, Plastikote is found at what store? I haven't seen it in Autozone. There is a Pep Boys up the street. Well, looks like I am not replacing my amp So interior trim and ported box. At least I can take the stereo out should I trade in later down the road. I'll take the interior pieces out too! :p: NOT!

Groundkit

Comment

Well, ummm...Let's see. There's that steering wheel cover I've been meaning to put on, and then update my window sticker to the new website... and maybe I'll get around to blacking out (or whiting out? still not decided) the top grille piece.

I like to keep things simple.
                      ~Mark.
                      2002 Protege DX 5 speed, "Kenmore White," well-loved and a little over half paid-for

Comment

You can get Plastikote from Advance Auto Parts. The vinyl paint with flex is about $7 a can. To do the plastic pieces I recommend using their bumper trim.

Comment

Here is a picture of the panel. Remember that the fabric will be recovered in carbon primer.

Here is one from the driver side view.
                          Last edited by McCorkle; 09-09-2003, 10:40 PM.

Comment

I want to get tint as soon as I get moved. Alaska allows no tint on the front and 50% rear and they inforce it on the weekends. I'm moving to Ohio, where 40% is legal, so I'm gonna get 35%.

Once I move I also am planning on getting an 8" sub and building a custom enclosure/rear center console. It should be very interesting.
                            02 Protege ES

Comment

next mod 3 letters 1 word GTR motor and its not a wanting its a getting a GTR cant wait
                              93 Protege lx (Jessi)
                              Project Jessi
                              Sold

88 "terd tan" ranger

quote:
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Racing in a Honda is like racing in the special olympics, even if you win... your still retarded
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

intercooler, something about forced induction
                                2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Working...
                                X