No announcement yet.

Anyone else here lift??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol, yea i'm not really going to be doing any running anymore, at least not till i'm at 180. it's way harder than lifting and consumes all your calories that i want to use to gain muscle.
    sigpic

Comment

The one thing i forgot to mention that helps a lot in my life style is that i swim for 2 hrs a day.. i love to swim like no other and i am also a drummer so i have band bractice and rehearsh every day for atleast 1.5 hrs.. sweating aint **** lol

Comment

i give credit to anyone who is a swimmer! that **** is much more difficult then it sounds
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Yeah it is.

Swimming is like the best thing you can do for your body.......besides sex.

Comment

Well then I beat you all because I have sex everyday. =] And if you dont believe me I don't give a rats ass lols!

Have fun.

Although, I should start lifting, I need to gain some weight; muscle and fat. Im a twig =[

Comment

pox "JILL" doesn't count
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
                I don't eat anything after I workout but I do make a double whey protein shake and have that right after. I'll snap a pic of the stuff I use. After the workout I'm sore as **** until about 15-30 mins after I drink the shake. Is that ok to do after? Bed is usually 2 hrs later.
                i have always finished my workouts with a protein shake.. here's why:

So why is it that so many bodybuilders take protein shakes? Well, protein is used for the production of muscles. Proteins are also used to manufacture hormones, enzymes, cellular messengers, nucleic acids, and immune-system components. Without adequate protein, our bodies can't put together the structures that make up every cell, tissue, and organ, nor can it generate the biochemical substances needed for cardiovascular function, muscle contraction, growth, and healing. Without an adequate amount of protein our muscles wouldn’t heal up as quickly and could therefore lead to overtraining your muscle which could lead to injury.

Also, after a workout is one of the best time to get protein into the body so that the protein can be delivered to your muscles, to begin healing the micro tears (very small tears in the muscle tissue, caused by intense contraction of the muscle during workout) in the muscle.

Because solid food takes more time to digest and to break down the protein and send it to the muscles, it can be best to take a protein shake immediately following a workout, since protein shakes only take about 30 minutes to reach the muscle after ingestion. Definitely, we can see the advantage to taking a protein shake in this instance.

protein shakes are very good for your muscles and when taken immediately after a workout the shake will be used in your muscles where it should be.

i'm still struggling to get back on track but since my accident severely ****ed my shoulder i have been having some trouble with upper body.. all in due time.. i'll get it strong again.. it's just going to take some time to get fit. working out used to be like a religion for me.. i can't wait to get back to that point!
                miss my '93 LX at every corner
                photo album
                Catch me on Facebook

Comment

oh hell yea, running is a lot harder than lifting, but swimming is WAY harder than running. ****, when i did cross country 3/4ths of the team was also on the swim team, i kept up pretty well on the running part, but when it came to swimming i just got dominated. I've also noticed that swimming makes me 10x more hungry than any other activity.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pox View Post
                    Well then I beat you all because I have sex everyday. =] And if you dont believe me I give it to a rats ass!
                    Wow, that's an unusual fetish.

Comment

Jealous.

Comment

lmao! yeah.. swimming is def a tough/ good workout! and it keeps you fit! i'm a heavy set guy but you would never know if you saw me.. Sometimes you get to discussions about how much you wight with your friends and they all **** bricks when i say i'm pushing 245lbs.. they all say i look around 190lbs.. never had my fat% checked before.. but i got some junk in the trunk lol.. Take advantage of the summer and swim!

Comment

Im 19 at 6 foot 150 pounds if i dont **** for like 3 days. I work out 5 days a week w/o supplements. I had never worked out until june of 07 and i started my bench at 140, now im at 210 after a set of torn traps in my back, a messed up rotator cuff and something torn in my neck. Curls are now at 110 max. This forum reminds me of my high school weights class because there is more trash talk in here than in the locker room haha.
                          MY RIDE
                          sigpic

Comment

Im at like 150 lbs now and hit the gym 4 times a week. Im uh..5'7". 30ish waist...

Comment

lost almost 10 pounds this winter, from being super sick & not eating to just plain not working out. looking to set a 20lb mass increase goal by next winter

Comment

Originally posted by me19875 View Post
                                damn! that would be pretty arnold ish. I'm at 160 with probably around 15% right now (out of shape), last fall/winter i was about 165 with 12% even while doing cross country and not lifting much. and all i'm asking for is 180 with under 10% lol
                                lol. so yea that post was in november, now i'm at 176lbs with 16%fat. haha during that time i on average only went to the gym 2 times a week for 30 mins each time. now that it's warm enough out i'm starting to work on getting lean. i'm aiming to start regularly running 30 miles a week within the next few weeks.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X