No announcement yet.

Anyone else here lift??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started lifting at the beginning of this summer every day and by the end of summer I was finishing 10 reps of 135. I'm about 6' and 145lbs.

By the way does anyone here drink protein? I did all this summer but now I don't know if it actually works or not.

Andrew

^Cardomain^

Comment

I used to lift and when I started, I originally wanted to do the "natural route". No protein shakes, no creatine, glutamine etc... I worked out hard for like a year and saw mediocre results at best. So I started taking protein shakes to add like 75 grams of protein to my daily intake. It did make a difference. You can't build muscle without protein.. plain and simple. And your probably gonna be a hard-gainer like I was. There is no such thing as eating too much.
      Tyler has spoken

Comment

muscle tech or mass tech.. but imho stay dont use this stuff as much as possible stay all natural, cuz once you start with this stuff...you would see big difference.. but when your body gets used to it and you stopped you would see your body shrink... happened to me ..used to weigh 220 now im 205......lost strenght too..
        My Toys =D

Comment

i take glutamine now just to help slow down my body's natural deisre to eat all the muscle off my bones lol. i hate being skinny
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

So what do you think just massive (but healthy) calorie intake? And if that doesn't help then should I try glutamine?

Andrew

^Cardomain^

Comment

Most research on AA supplements is inconclusive. Some find it has great effects (increases protein synthesis, increase HGH plasma levels, decrease in protein degradation among others), while others show no effects.

You can intake too much AA (or protein) as well. Some studies show that too much of a single AA can cause competition for common metabolic pathways and liver toxicity.

Most common side effects for Glutamine is neurotoxicity.
              sigpic
              2004 Subaru WRX STi
              2003 Toyota Highlander

Comment

I think I'll stick with my lower dose protein shake and just eat right.

Andrew

^Cardomain^

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
                  i take glutamine now just to help slow down my body's natural deisre to eat all the muscle off my bones lol. i hate being skinny
                  It doesn't work... save your money.

Comment

Originally posted by Angdvl089 View Post
                    I think I'll stick with my lower dose protein shake and just eat right.

Andrew
                    .....just eat right..... Hmmmmmmm.... now there's a thought.......

Comment

$7 off ebay for a bottle couldn't go wrong
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

im only 5'6 150lbs.....and my last max benching is 205lbs....im trying to bench 225 by dec

Comment

I'm 5'7 185 and bench 295. I was at 315 but had a kid and been out for a while
                          Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
                          "Who Dey"

Comment

don't think i could ever bench 295. id be a monster if i could... anyhows. got my weight bench back from my older brother(finally split with his wife-lead to me getting my **** back) so im free lance to work out on my own again out of shape overall. but 12-15 reps & 3-4 sets @80% body weight for restarting isn't bad.---- note hates being a skinny guy

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
                              don't think i could ever bench 295. id be a monster if i could... anyhows. got my weight bench back from my older brother(finally split with his wife-lead to me getting my **** back) so im free lance to work out on my own again out of shape overall. but 12-15 reps & 3-4 sets @80% body weight for restarting isn't bad.---- note hates being a skinny guy
                              All it takes is time and dedication. Took a while to get here. I take creatine sometimes. When I was benching about 275 about a year and a half ago and i was at the top of my game. Then got a girl had a baby and now i'm lucky to go once a week. I use to workout everyday. The thing about me is that i really could care less about my lower body and lift upper body everyday and same workout everyday. Found that to be my best bet.
                              Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
                              "Who Dey"

Comment

im going to be working on it daily, i don't have a whole lot going on in the winter months anyhow

Comment

Working...
                                X